My Fish Tank Elite 60L

Gladders1980

Reaction score
Hello, been reading these forums since I got my fish tank over a year ago, recently been away to the Falklands and came back and got tinkering with my tank again funnily enough after the lightbulb died and had to get a new one, it rekindled my interest in the tank so I have recently had a rescape and thought I would share my pictures.

Anyway this is how the tank looked not long after I first got it:

firstFulltank.jpg

I have since moved house and this was how it looked after that(though I have just cut the plants down after a WC here), I got rid of a few of the plants that weren't really taking off.

Fulltankold.jpg

I was never happy with it though and it just looked overgrown and the plants came all the way to the front of the glass so the fish weren't easy to see.

So this is how it now looks after I have just rescaped it

FTS

fulltank.jpg

Side

sideview.jpg

Left

leftside.jpg

Right

rightside.jpg

I have added some Mopani roots as wood for a more natural look, a couple of Amazon swords, some Indian Fern at the back, 3 Anubias tied to the wood, and some moss (can anyone identify) which I'm hoping will cling to the wood and floor. Obviously it needs to grow in abit but hopefully it will, am pleased with it, although am sure it can be improved and people can give me some critism on here.

Here's a couple of shots of some baby fish I've been lucky to have whilst I was away. One of two Dalmation mollies (we call them the twins) these are the second of two mollies we have had survive and grow up.

babymolly.jpg

Luckily my peppered corys have also given birth to fry and one has survived which I was surprised about.

babycory.jpg

Hope you like!

As you can see I have a snail problem but got 6 assassin snails yesterday so I hope that clears up soon, I also bought a new Fluval U2 filter today hence why there is two in there, will get rid of the stingray one once the U2 is up and running fully.

Looking good. It never stops the tinkering :lol:

It's cool your baby Cory survived.

Just got myself a 60l tank and needing ideas. Wouldnt mind if mine looked as good as yours ;)

Looking good, definite improvements as you've gone on :good:

And I used to have that filter myself! :lol:

Looking good, definite improvements as you've gone on :good:

And I used to have that filter myself! :lol:

Thanks Josh

Got some ferts and liquid CO2 of ebay, hopefully will be here tomorrow, should help the plants grow better hopefully.

oh and after getting the second filter, I found one of the baby twin mollies stuck behind my old filter on a WC yesterday :(

Most reactions

Back