My Fish Journal.

Rak9378 said:
Beautiful photos Ryan!! And that video of the Piranhas and the turkey neck is awesome. I love how the convict weaseled his way in! Did your heart skip a beat when that one Piranha tried to take back the turkey??
laugh.png
HAHA...yes it did.  From my view it looked like it wanted my fingers.  I was happy when I saw the video and he just wanted the turkey not me.

This is not the best feeding video but it is kind of funny. The convicts stole the fish from the piranha. The piranha get it back and than take the second piece all the way across the tank so the cons can't steal it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9WCsUReVZ8&feature=share&list=UUnnXN40U49MERxnCSByOLKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5yE72xiJg&feature=share&list=UUnnXN40U49MERxnCSByOLKQ
tank.jpg
fotm1.jpg

One of my community tanks had a heater malfunction last night.  Luckily I was already going to clean the tank today and caught it just in time.  The tank got up to 86 degrees.   On a plus note, today was new fish day.  I got 4 more cichlids.  They are a Fire haplochromis, a Turquoise haplochromis, a Tangerine Tiger haplochromis and a Sunshine peacock cichlid.  They don't have much color right now and I can't tell the difference between the Tangerine tiger and the fire hap.  I'll get some pictures of them once the settle in.

fishy.jpg

Thanks man.  I use Adobe lightroom 5. 

Cool! Import everything raw? I'm looking at getting a MacBook Pro and can't decide if I want to save a little for Photoshop or just get lightroom(never used Lightroom before).

I only shoot raw now.  I can get a lot more detail out of the fish.  I have photoshop and lightroom and I end up using lightroom a lot more.  The only time I use photoshop anymore is to remove blemishes from some photos.  I can get rid of most of the bubbles in lightroom but have some problems if I have a scratch that's visible in the picture without using photoshop.  If you just want something easier to learn and develop pics quick, lightroom is the way to go.

This is my new juvie sunshine peacock.  These guys grow up to be bright yellow with blue faces.  

Attachments

• sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 73
sun1111.jpg

sun111111.jpg

Ouch...I am pretty sure it is a heater burn.

Attachments

• sun11.jpg
    sun11.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 65

Most reactions

Back