My Fish Is A Killer But I Love Him

Dude

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi i have Apistogramma hippolytae

he is very agressive towards my other fish

my lfs told me that he can be fine in a 20 gall community tank but hes killing my fish one by one

hes already killed 5 cardinals and 1 black neon and 3 corys /,,,

i dont know what to do ... sometimes hes nice but then i wake up in the morining and find another dead fish...

now its been 2 weeks ... so i cant give him back so the store ...

are there any other conpanions for the guy?

currnet stalk

1 male Apistogramma hippolytae

3 black neons

thats it
its a planted tank...

what should i do .... im tierd of this empty tank with 4 fish in it...

Well it clearly seems you need some bigger tank mates for him not sure what...Hmm...another Apisto of the same type perhaps....or Yoyo Loaches (semi-aggressive quick and can hold their own)

Well it clearly seems you need some bigger tank mates for him not sure what...Hmm...another Apisto of the same type perhaps....or Yoyo Loaches (semi-aggressive quick and can hold their own)

what if i get some rummy noses they are quick... i was just intending on keeping him with schooling fish...

Why don't you get some females, that would diffuse the attention from your other fish to fish of it's own kind. I have a trio of Apistogramma Caciatores (Think that's how it's spelt) Cockatoo Cichlids, And they only really are territorial between themselves.

Why don't you get some females, that would diffuse the attention from your other fish to fish of it's own kind. I have a trio of Apistogramma Caciatores (Think that's how it's spelt) Cockatoo Cichlids, And they only really are territorial between themselves.

]
i thought about that ... but i dont what him to breed ... he would kill everything that comes close to his babys

my brother has very violent german blue ram thats killed off 3 seperate females and currently is hunting his neon tetras. (he's named sid vicious heh)

he also has 3 adult albino corys in with him, the ram tries to bully them, but they're the same size as him and just bulldoze him out the way and ignore him, so maybe give larger corys are try?

]
i thought about that ... but i dont what him to breed ... he would kill everything that comes close to his babys

They probably wouldn't breed in a community tank anyway. The male is quite polygamous and doesn't care for the fry, it's the female that protects the fry with the apisto's.

]

They probably wouldn't breed in a community tank anyway. The male is quite polygamous and doesn't care for the fry, it's the female that protects the fry with the apisto's.

i didnt know that .very interesting.

as for corys ... im not interested in bottom feeder fish... im looking for a nice schooling fish.

dinos never really caught my eye but maybe ill get some bards theyre cool

i dont know ... i guess theres nothing to do but to try..

what if i add a blue ram .? (male) would that be bad?

I would think about barbs as a good schooling fish cherry or rosy barbs are nice Tiger barb school of 6 perhaps

as tiger barbs are fairly agressive maybe they'd be best as they could stand up to him.

i looked up some barbs and i think i will get some Odessa barbs they are nice and colorful

tiger barbs are my 2nd choice

i would get chery barbs but iv never seen them in stores where i live...

i think i want to add a ram ... would this be a bad idea?

i have a huge black n white mollie hes a damn bully, either someone takes him off me or im gunna flush him lmao hes keeps chasin n tryin to harm my other fish n quite frankly hes annoying me lol

have him if u like!

my brother has very violent german blue ram thats killed off 3 seperate females and currently is hunting his neon tetras. (he's named sid vicious heh)

he also has 3 adult albino corys in with him, the ram tries to bully them, but they're the same size as him and just bulldoze him out the way and ignore him, so maybe give larger corys are try?

plus ive kept corys with him and he killed them

i have a huge black n white mollie hes a damn bully, either someone takes him off me or im gunna flush him lmao hes keeps chasin n tryin to harm my other fish n quite frankly hes annoying me lol

have him if u like!

lol no thanks i have my share of mollys plus it would be hell tring to send him where i live...

i looked up some barbs and i think i will get some Odessa barbs they are nice and colorful

tiger barbs are my 2nd choice

i would get chery barbs but iv never seen them in stores where i live...

i think i want to add a ram ... would this be a bad idea?

larger barbs would probably work well in this situation.

don't get the ram--it probably would be a bad decision and would definitely lead to more conflict.

can you describe the way that the tank is decorated? adding plants, driftwood, or other decorative elements might help.

Most reactions

Back