my fish are too big!!!

plecoperson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have two moonlight gouramis, a pair. the female is pregnant. I have a 2ft X1ftX1ft tank and its 16.6g or 63ltrs.

The male is about 3 inches to 3 1/2 inches. The female is smaller than him but she is gravid, i think.

I also have a SA plec who i love to bits. He is about 4 inches long

I think they have outgrown my tank and I already have possibly too many fish in there.

I am considering giving them away and getting some corys to keep my tank clean.

Now what I want to know is, where should I give them away to?

Shoul I put something in the paper? The lfs where I work said they would take them for the display tank but I know they would sell them on and I want to know they would be going to a good home. what would you do?

Bigger tank isnt an option I only had this one since last december, and aside from having no room for a bigger tank, I have no money for it!

:( Id ship them up to you except I dont like the idea of the fishies travelling that far!!!

its a conundrum.

my friend is going to find out if he can take the pleco - his mother has a 3 1/2 ft tank but she cant take the gouramis as she breeds guppies. :(

i dont know - I would be worried about the fish getting too cold or whatever, or running out of oxygen.....

There are company's who can ship fish mate, there rates are pretty reasonable too, but thinking about it i can prolly buy those fish locally cheaper. but if you get really desperate for a home, then id help you out mate, let me know how you get on.

Most reactions

Back