Reaction score
So cute, I couldn't resist him.>.<
CRW_4828.jpg

CRW_4827.jpg

CRW_4826.jpg

CT=Dream Fish!!
I want a CT so bad :drool:
He's really pretty! :)

i love CTs also, though i have 1 males and sold 2 to make room and money. i have WAY to many fish. i plan on breeding my Red/Terquois cellophane butterfly male to a nice white w/ red fin cellophane female. i think i will get some nice marbleing and butterfly/cellophane pairings. at least that is my hope. if i get the girly i need and the tank set up. i'll keep you in mind for some babies! but i can't garantee anything even if i do breed.

CT=Dream Fish!!

i love CTs also, though i have 1 males and sold 2 to make room and money. i have WAY to many fish. i plan on breeding my Red/Terquois cellophane butterfly male to a nice white w/ red fin cellophane female. i think i will get some nice marbleing and butterfly/cellophane pairings. at least that is my hope. if i get the girly i need and the tank set up. i'll keep you in mind for some babies! but i can't garantee anything even if i do breed.
Haha...If only mom would allow just one more betta :D. It took me 2 weeks of begging, 1 week of responsibility, and a whole month's allowance just to get one. :wub:

CT=Dream Fish!!

Haha...If only mom would allow just one more betta :D. It took me 2 weeks of begging, 1 week of responsibility, and a whole month's allowance just to get one. :wub:

they would probably be a little costly but if you could get your mom to agree to let you get one more i may be able to cut you a deal. a CT was my dream betta and now that i have them, it's like "hmmm... a CT at least its not a VT." i used to go a little crazy and look like this :drool: when seeing one. i also had a HM boy but i got rid of him to a good home.

CT=Dream Fish!!

they would probably be a little costly but if you could get your mom to agree to let you get one more i may be able to cut you a deal. a CT was my dream betta and now that i have them, it's like "hmmm... a CT at least its not a VT." i used to go a little crazy and look like this :drool: when seeing one. i also had a HM boy but i got rid of him to a good home.

I still don't see why people here dont like VTs much. I still think they still have the most beautiful fins. You guys are just so used to em you don't care for them. If it wasn't for VTs bettas wouldn't be nearly as famous as they are and you guys probably wouldn't own or even know what they are. Sure you're going to say you would still but thats just not true. If anything VT's need our help getting homes and being taken care of more than the others ever will.

CT=Dream Fish!!

I still don't see why people here dont like VTs much. I still think they still have the most beautiful fins. You guys are just so used to em you don't care for them. If it wasn't for VTs bettas wouldn't be nearly as famous as they are and you guys probably wouldn't own or even know what they are. Sure you're going to say you would still but thats just not true. If anything VT's need our help getting homes and being taken care of more than the others ever will.

what i'm saying is that there are TOO MANY VTs on the market. the "betta in a cup" is way to widespread. my girlfriend actually buys the sicker or unhappy ones, nurses them to health and sells them back at cost to other betta keepers. all she does is gets the money she spent, but she finds them good homes. just today she rehomed 1 VT who had its complete bottom fin missing (its starting to heal nicely). but the lfs was going to euthenise him because he "wasn't pretty enough to sell". then she got this miserable looking one in a bowel that was smaller than the cups they keep the other ones in. she bought him gave him some room and now he is happy as can be. she also found a home for him.

i admit that i wouldn't know about the other kinds if it wasn't for VTs. i was just saying tha i say that i don't like to see endless VTs in cups. the Cts or others get sold quicker because most lfs sell them for the same price and they "look cooler" to most people. besides CTs, VTs are my second favorite betta. i just wish that more would find good homes.

CT=Dream Fish!!

what i'm saying is that there are TOO MANY VTs on the market. the "betta in a cup" is way to widespread. my girlfriend actually buys the sicker or unhappy ones, nurses them to health and sells them back at cost to other betta keepers. all she does is gets the money she spent, but she finds them good homes. just today she rehomed 1 VT who had its complete bottom fin missing (its starting to heal nicely). but the lfs was going to euthenise him because he "wasn't pretty enough to sell". then she got this miserable looking one in a bowel that was smaller than the cups they keep the other ones in. she bought him gave him some room and now he is happy as can be. she also found a home for him.

i admit that i wouldn't know about the other kinds if it wasn't for VTs. i was just saying tha i say that i don't like to see endless VTs in cups. the Cts or others get sold quicker because most lfs sell them for the same price and they "look cooler" to most people. besides CTs, VTs are my second favorite betta. i just wish that more would find good homes.

CTs are sold in cups at my petlands now in NYC. They're twice the price as a VT though.

yea some places charge double the price. but that is only when they know what it is. for example the petco near me knows and sells them as CTs. they double the price. local lfs usually know and charge a buck or two extra. but the petsmart near me has no clue and sells them for the same price. along with some others. i guess it depends on where you go.

^^^^ I agree; amazingly clear shots. :thumbs: What lighting do you have for your tank? What lighting did you use for the pictures?

And by the way, your new guy has a great upturned face; gorgeous guy. :D

^^^^ I agree; amazingly clear shots. :thumbs: What lighting do you have for your tank? What lighting did you use for the pictures?

And by the way, your new guy has a great upturned face; gorgeous guy. :D

The tank doesn't have a light. I just used a flash on my camera. But photography is my main hobby so I have real equipment and not some sears bought dcam and crap. =)

I still don't see why people here dont like VTs much. I still think they still have the most beautiful fins.
I agree. All the uber-fancy show-quality bettas are nice, but my heart will always be with the VTs. :wub:

Oh, and adorable new betta. He's a cutie. :D

Most reactions

Back