My First Guppy Tank

Zorak

Reaction score
This is my first non-cichlid tank and right now i have 4 males and 7 females. Its 25g tall.
Picture002.jpg

Orange.jpg
:wub:
Guppy.jpg

MaleGuppy.jpg
:wub:
What do you think?

Very nice :) How did you come by that interesting rock structure? I love that red guppy BTW. :)

very nice tank and i too love that rock formation. the first guppy thats posted, i had two like it wth matching females that i still have, they have wonderful colours.

sylvia said:
Very nice :) How did you come by that interesting rock structure? I love that red guppy BTW. :)
its an artificial from petsmart with a built in bubble stone

Very nice!
That bottom pic with the guppy that has the red tail, blue body and red spot behind its eye.....I have the EXACT same guppy that was bred with a blue male "fancy" guppy and a female with a snakeskin body pattern and an orange tail with black spots.
cool.
their diverity is amazing, but to see one exactly patterned as one of mine is pretty neat!

superjalami30 said:
Very nice!
That bottom pic with the guppy that has the red tail, blue body and red spot behind its eye.....I have the EXACT same guppy that was bred with a blue male "fancy" guppy and a female with a snakeskin body pattern and an orange tail with black spots.
cool.
their diverity is amazing, but to see one exactly patterned as one of mine is pretty neat!
Thanks.. Yeah i am just starting to try go get into breeding but i am not quite sure i want to set up a fry tank. Do you think that with such a large tank i can have surviving fry that are as good looking as my current males? I have my tank planted with a kind of underwater moss that my lfs said was the best for fry.

:thumbs:

Thought I would just say that the tank looks awesome. I like that rock-like ornament in there I may have to drop by the petsmart and see if it's in my price range.

The guppies are great too.. if I had the room I think I would get some myself.

I've had alot of succes with fry in and out of a breeding trap.
My livebearer tank was once heavily planted and my fry would survive.
I dont know how many times I would look into the tank and see new babies hangin' out near the top of the tank, under the mopani, in and around the java fern etc etc.
Sometimes I would net them and put them in a breeding trap to ensure they're survival.
Heres my guppy tank, very "unplanted" know though :blink:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=96232

Cool tank!!! :nod:

Your guppies are stunning :nod:

I have livebearers as well (guppies, swordies and platies) and have found that I get no surviving fry unless I let the female give birth in a breeding trap. And I have a heaily planted tank as well. Perhap my other fish are just tpoo cannibalistic for their own good -_-

Dont get me wrong when I say I've had success with fry in the tank.
Most of them do get eaten, but a few hear and there survive.
Like I said, usually if I see them I net them and put them in the trap.

Most of the time though, I put the female in the trap just days before she gives birth.
usually I get it just right, within a few days, once even within a few hours.
Sometimes though they take several days before they give birth,

remember to that it may look like a female has had all of her babies, but quiet often she takes a couple days to give birth to all of them.

:blink:

Angry_Platy:

I love this:

My opinions are just that "my" opinions. Not yours. They do not need questioning. They aren't always right. If you don't agree, well thats your problem.....NOT MINE

lol

i leave my guppies to survival of the fittest..most survive, at least when theyre with adult guppies....other, larger fish though they dont stand a chance against

Most reactions

Back