My First Fry!

scoliofish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
so i got 4 new guppies last fryday to add to my 5 juvy guppies and they were dong great, i left for a fey hours n when i came back i had 11 fry but none of the guppies were that far along, well i netted them, and put them in the fry tank,they are healthy, and already swimming strong,
and all the femails in the main tankstill look heavily pregnant after 4 days 2 are almost square so i am expecting more realy sooon!!!
they have already doubled in size, i thinki could put them in with the parents already,but i won't. i will post pictures as soonas i can,
isthis normal and ami doing everything right ????

Hey, congrats on the fry! um,, you can't really predict the exact day, but there are some ways to tell when they are close, here's some examples:

1) the female will hide amongst plants, or near the heater, corner of the tank,
2) she will be "squared" off instead of her stomach being round
3) for my fish, they tend to swim up and down near the corner of the tank
4) you can also note when the female gave birth last, (if possible) then in about 4-5 weeks, (usually) they will give birth again,..

Hope I helped ya! ^^

Hey, congrats on the fry! um,, you can't really predict the exact day, but there are some ways to tell when they are close, here's some examples:

4) you can also note when the female gave birth last, (if possible) then in about 4-5 weeks, (usually) they will give birth again,..

Hope I helped ya! ^^

thank you, howbig do theyneedto be beforethey give birth, because i have one that has allthe characteristics you have mentioned but isonly abouthalf a centimeter long?

Hope I helped ya! ^^

thank you, howbig do theyneedto be beforethey give birth, because i have one that has allthe characteristics you have mentioned but isonly abouthalf a centimeter long?

Bump

The difficulty in predicting guppies accurately is why many of us just make sure there is plenty of dense cover in a guppy tank and let a few survive on their own from each drop. After a while, when there are fry of all ages in the tank, the adults seem to ignore even the youngest of the fry.

The difficulty in predicting guppies accurately is why many of us just make sure there is plenty of dense cover in a guppy tank and let a few survive on their own from each drop. After a while, when there are fry of all ages in the tank, the adults seem to ignore even the youngest of the fry.

THE REASON I AM WONDERIN IS... on the day i bought 4 beauties, i came back and they multiplied i am just wonderin now if it was not the new guppies that gave birth but one of my juvies, now one of my smallest who i am sure was pregnant, is restin her belly on the gravel and lying there... she stays still for a long time but it is breathing and flapin her fins, but 11 lil healthy critters out a that youngn would probly do that ta the lil girl, :crazy:
couldmy theory be true orst least possible?

ok i got another bach of fry today only 6 i know which one it came from but ithort she would have more she was huge and still is rater largeisit possible that she hant finished giving birth even if she hasnt poped one out for hours............?

A female will not usually stop dropping for very long once she starts. I would say no more than a couple of hours at the most. Once a guppy starts, she usually will drop a fry or 2 every few minutes until she is done.

oh well only 6...thats fine i dont realy have enough space for them... will get a new tank soon.. and there is another one of my femails that looks heavely pregnant square and with one verry dark gravid spot... so not long before i get my next batch. :hyper:

Most reactions

Back