My First Brackish Tank

Reaction score
I just got a 10 gallon tank with everything needed for freshwater fish.I would like to make it a brackish tank.I found 10 and 25 gallon rated bags(10 gallon bag makes 10 gallons marine water and so on)but I'm not sure how much to use to get a salinity of 1.005 in a 10 gallon tank.What size bag should I use???I'm slightly low on budget so I'd like to get the smallest bag possible,but I want to have some left for water changes.Also,I need some information on the bumblebee goby.How do you cycle a brackish water tank(what are good cycling fish for a 10 gallon brackish tank?)please mention any other important things I should know about setting up a brackish tank.

I just got a 10 gallon tank with everything needed for freshwater fish.I would like to make it a brackish tank.I found 10 and 25 gallon rated bags(10 gallon bag makes 10 gallons marine water and so on)but I'm not sure how much to use to get a salinity of 1.005 in a 10 gallon tank.What size bag should I use???I'm slightly low on budget so I'd like to get the smallest bag possible,but I want to have some left for water changes.Also,I need some information on the bumblebee goby.How do you cycle a brackish water tank(what are good cycling fish for a 10 gallon brackish tank?)please mention any other important things I should know about setting up a brackish tank.
your gonna need a hydrometer or a floating thermometer/hydrometer to find exact salt content.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=77708

yep you need a hydrometer, and if you get a 10 lb bag of marine salt mix it'll last you for almost a year. in the western United States, I've been able to find this for about 20 dollars.

Good Luck

SLC

Most reactions

Back