:( My Favorite Little Girly Fry Died.

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
She was so cute! The best one I had held back. I did a water change and she jumped...I put her back in, but two hours later she was nose-diving...dead. :( So sad. I hate when that happens! Loosing fish is always terrible.

Awww I'm so sorry :(
I had a little platy fry that lived through some tough times. Hid underneath a fake log to keep from being eaten. Was just the cutest little thing and the prettiest color. We were planning on getting rid of all the fry, but I was going to keep this one. It was just starting to get big enough to venture out and I looked in to the tank one day to see it floating about dead :(
No idea what happened to it... *sigh*
It definitely is always so hard when we lose a fishy friend.

Awww I'm so sorry :(
I had a little platy fry that lived through some tough times. Hid underneath a fake log to keep from being eaten. Was just the cutest little thing and the prettiest color. We were planning on getting rid of all the fry, but I was going to keep this one. It was just starting to get big enough to venture out and I looked in to the tank one day to see it floating about dead :(
No idea what happened to it... *sigh*
It definitely is always so hard when we lose a fishy friend.

Strange how one can sometimes select a favourite out of a whole brood (ussually the underdog) and develop a special feeling for that 1 in a hundred (thousand) fish. I know.... I've dunnit before.

I just really wanted to breed this girl back to the dad. She had pink fins with butterfly outlining. He's yellow, so I was hoping that if I bred her back, I'd be able to develop that non-red, yellow gene and possibly get some bfs out of it. I still have other females, but I don't think they're nearly as stunning. Darnit. She seemed fine, and then I looked at her and she wasn't moving her pectoral fins and nose diving.

my new red girl died yesterday :X

checked her in the morning, and she was slightly pine coning..

went back in afternoon after getting meds, and she was dead.

why is it always the nice ones!

its just a shame that this happens, it happens to me too, one minute there the next for no reason at all gone, ive also had vanishing fish, they are in tanks that are not sold from and totally gone the next day, no body no nothing it baffles me bigtime as there is now way of jumping and if there was no corpse on the floor either, i think ive got a midnight bettaknapper, i just take another tablet and this usually helps :lol: :lol: (im not really on tablets but sometimes i think i need them :lol: )

its just a shame that this happens, it happens to me too, one minute there the next for no reason at all gone, ive also had vanishing fish, they are in tanks that are not sold from and totally gone the next day, no body no nothing it baffles me bigtime as there is now way of jumping and if there was no corpse on the floor either, i think ive got a midnight bettaknapper, i just take another tablet and this usually helps :lol: :lol: (im not really on tablets but sometimes i think i need them :lol: )

lol

i had a mystery.. i was really worried until i found out what had happened.

I had a dead blcak neon tetra, so I took it out before college and left it on the table
then a few days later my sister found it on the doormat outside the front of the house!

my mum had chucked it out of my window :X

my bedroom is in attic btw :p

:unsure: :sick: she could have atleast put it in the bin but then YOU shoudlve done it yourself :lol: i bet your room started to stink

So sorry and yes it's really frustrating when you get this far with them. We lost a lovely one at 3 months when she decided to burrow her way into the filter wool and then couldn't get out......I could of cried :sad:

Okay-- so-- just kidding? I searched through the fry today and my favorite was still there, just that I had put her back in a different spot. Hah. Still not cool that one of my little fry died, but I think it was the one that spontaneously let some eggs go. Anyhow- I'm glad it wasn't my fav.

:eek:

wow. that's good/bad news i guess. sorry for the loss of one of ur fry tho. that still really sucks. have i missed your topic with pics of them?

Yep. You can see them in the buy/sell section, or on here as my older spawn log. The pictures are a couple weeks old though, so the fry have grown a bit since.

ah right. i caught them in ur spawn log but when afk for a while. they are looking great! :good:

Most reactions

Back