My Fan Shrimp

DoyouWantsum

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I realy like this picture so i thought i'd share it.

weeble_005.jpg

Yep, I have 8 of them. Its funny to watch them try push each other out the way so that they can have the best spot in front of the filter.

If you look carfully at the picture you can see that the smallest one has overcome this problem by standing on the backs of the others.

This is the best pic i have of all 8

fan_shrimp_010.jpg

That is such an awesome photo ! :hyper: :wub:

I really hate to be the downer....

but these guys are bamboo shrimp right? These guys can be extreemly terriortial I think. to be so close togehter... I'd be a little worried.

I may be wrong though.

And for the most part, it does look awesome :good:

I really hate to be the downer....

but these guys are bamboo shrimp right? These guys can be extreemly terriortial I think. to be so close togehter... I'd be a little worried.

I may be wrong though.

And for the most part, it does look awesome :good:

Very wrong.

They are filter feeders, meening they dont have calws.

It would be impossible for them to hurt each other. :lol:

Also they are not terriortial. :good:

These guys can be extreemly terriortial I think. to be so close togehter... I'd be a little worried.
I agree wtih DoyouWantsum - they are not aggressive or territorial (not the ones I've had anyway) - and I don't think they'd know even how to be even if they could! They are definitely fab shrimp to have in a tank with the right tank mates and a tank the right size :good:

I got three of them from my lfs. They were realy expensive at about £8.50 each, :X but then about a year later i saw some at Pets At Home for £4.60 each so i bought four of them. :hyper: When i got home i found that i had five in the bag. the little one was hiding on the back of one of the others. :hey:

Most reactions

Back