My Dry Ferts Just Got Here.

kreativ

Reaction score
My dry ferts just got here, ive order KH2PO4,KNO3,K2SO4. Im looking all over the forums to find a way to mix the ferts but its a different answer everywhere. Some say just to put the power directly in the aquarium, others say to get a 500 ml container and mix it with tap water. Im a little bit lost. I will be getting today a measuring cup. My tank is a 29 gal, and i have 130watts of light. But at the moment im turning on one bulb which is 65 watts. Also have DIY Co2. I currently have some hair algae on my anubia, some brown algae on tank walls and some black/brown leaves. I will like to do the EI method. Any help would be great.

Personally? Stick to the 65watts.

As for dosing, I mix mine with water but for a larger tank like yours (mine is only 15-gallon) I would probably dose dry powders.

Just bung it in dry. No faffing about. Mega accuracy is not a requirement!

Andy

No. Regardless, you are still aiming for the same ppm levels and that comes from the dry fertz, be it dry fertz you put directly into the tank, or a lot more dry fertz dissolved in a bottle of water and then put into the tank ml by ml.

Get my drift?

Andy

Just bung it in dry. No faffing about. Mega accuracy is not a requirement!

Andy
Completely true, at first I measured it out using the special spoons, now I can hardly ever find them :lol: I just add 2 big pinches of kno3 and 1 big pinch of kh2o4, does the job.Just dose dry, I seriously see no need for any other way...I do, and I dose it on my Aquaqube 40.Works perfectly!

ok, should i dose all 3? and turn on both lights or just the 65 watts?

Just the 65watts, I would think you would have a disaster with 130watts, especially since you already have algae.I would check your co2 levels as DIY's rarely manage to reach the desired co2 level (25-30ppm)and fluctuate alot, which can cause algae blooms [URL="http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/....php?blogid=124"]http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/....php?blogid=124[/URL] .If you have BBA I have found a blackout completely kills the stuff and if you have hair algae on moss (an axcident by carelessley leaving a moss/hair algae infested peice of bogwood out the tank after maintenance), or in your case anubias, you can take it out of the tank, leave it for a about 3 hrs and the algae die's but the plant remains ok.This will not work on all plants though, anubias's can be grown partially submerged and the moss retains water easily, and can be grown in very wet conditions (so that is is always kept damp).
edit:spelling :rolleyes:

i take it, it doesnt harm your fish throwing in your tank in power form? knowing my fish they would have ate it before it touches the bottom!

Most reactions

Back