My Corner 55g

Ava_Banana

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was looking for a bit of a project last year and got very lucky when another member had to "make room" and so got rid of this corner tank......for nothing.....

It has been going for around a year........not had too many changes in it....just really left it to its own devices... :D

Plants are looking a little washed out as we only came back from 2 weeks away last week.....the lights weren't on a timer. :rolleyes:

And yes........thank you......I know the tank needs a little vac.. :rolleyes:

Excuse the poor quality, camera is playing up a little....

Full tank, frontal shot:

loungetankfrontbi1.jpg

View from left hand side:

loungetankleftsidenx7.jpg

View from right hand side:

loungetankrightsidebr4.jpg

Some of the occupants:

The angels:
3angelsgl8.jpg

anangelrt9.jpg

anotherangelyo5.jpg

marbledlj6.jpg

runtyangelfb5.jpg

Neons and Cardinals
neonscardinalskl9.jpg

I will try to get some pics of the Cories and BNs tomorrow

:D :D :D ..I love this tank.... :D :D

Nice tank inside, but the outside is ugly, but hey, beggers can't be choosers!

Neal

The good thing is, that now I have upped the lighting, you don't really notice the outside at all. The pictures don't really do it justice the human eye is better than the camera (certainly better than my camera anyway!).

wow... neons co exist with Angels? If they don;;t fin nip - far out!

wow... neons co exist with Angels? If they don;;t fin nip - far out!

I was led to believe the problem might be that they would get eaten.

The Angels have grown up with the neons........and they are too big for them to eat........I do keep an eye on their numbers though....

........and the low planting gives them plenty of gaps to hide in.... :hey:

the problem i was more referring to is that neon tetra are notorious fin nippers, thus it would be thought that they would be nipping at the angels fin. And angels are agressive fishies too -_- so fin nip = death, ect.

But good that it works for ye.

:drool:
far better looking than I ever managed to get it.
great Job Mark :good:

beatutiful Koi angels and what a stunning smoke/marble X you have too,
looks like mine did before s/he passed. gotta love those blue ventral fins.

Looks good. I really like the angel in the second angel pic down(the smoke/marble cross?) never seen one like that before. All looks cool :good:
Johnny

the problem i was more referring to is that neon tetra are notorious fin nippers, thus it would be thought that they would be nipping at the angels fin.

To be honest, that is news to me......I kept my Serpea Tetras in another tank as I understood them to be fin-nippers.

I will keep an eye on it though.

And thanks Paul........I still haven't painted the hood yet......will try to get it finished off this summer.. :good:

A great looking tank, you should be proud!

Thanks..........I am....... :D

....Could do with some taller plants........might see if I can get something to go up on the left.......

....was also thinking of getting some upper level fish (although the angels do like to wander to most levels)......

...what would we think of a flock of hatchets?

Nice tank inside, but the outside is ugly, but hey, beggers can't be choosers!

Neal
that's nasty :/

I think it's a stunning tank ! :drool: inside AND outside - and the fish and plants are beautiful too :wub:

I didn't mean it in a nasty way, I should of said IMO, but I really do think the silicone lines spoil it (i'm not trying to offend anyone here), I just think it could have been curved and not had to use silicone, would of made a world of difference. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way!

Neal

Most reactions

Back