My Caiman And My Weekends Problems

adambrogan

Reaction score
Hi guys just fort id get some pics up of my caiman and let you know what a nightmare my weekend has been!!!

i had her in a 8ft x3ft x2ft tank for the past 7months but on friday whilst i was adding some new rocks and bog wood i slipped a rock fell and broke the tank :angry: :crazy: :angry:

So i have had to move her into my 6ft tank ( thank god i had a spare tank :good: ) anyways i have just fineshed setting it up for her, this will be her new home for the next few months whilst i sort out the funds for a new big tank

Anyway here she is (pics taken this morning)

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

wow to a caimain ignoramus that looks cool

how big do they grow and what do you feed him

I take it your not in UK?

yeh shes pretty cool, yep i am in the uk you need a DWA lisence to own one of these fellas tho, she will grow to around 3.5ft but most of that is her tail being over 1ft long....... feeds on insects, fish and small mice ( i feed her on pinkies at the moment )

I'd love to have the space/money for one of these :D.

Spectacled caiman is she?

Very cute :).

Won't you eventually need to flood a room on your house for her? Or put a heated greenhouse over a garden pond?

yeh she will be in tanks for about 3-4 years before i have to move her but eventually i will be planning some sort of room in my garage with heat lamps and a pond

haha nahs she a little softie she stays dead still in her little hiding place so i pull her out gentley by her tail then befor she gets a chance to do anythink grab her round the neck and she quite happliy sits there in your hand :)

Most reactions

Back