My Brand New Starlight Bristlenose Bargin! =]

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DiscusAngel

www.charliebearsuk.com
Reaction score
i bought a lovely starlight bristlenose the other day. He was only £5 from MA in Teignmouth.

HEres some pictures, excuse the state of the tank, corys have been breeding and the mucus in on the inner tank walls but he hasnt been out so the first opurtunty had to be taken :)

Enjoy...

SNV81507.jpg

SNV81509.jpg

Bargain! Nice and healthy looking too :good:

Nice looking fish but are you sure its a he it doesnt have any bristles up the bridge of its nose so it could well be female

the dots on it don't look right to me

they are normally pin prick dots - they look more like small patches / splodges

Thanks all, im pretty sure hes a starlight, and he does have bristles already around his lip at 1.25" so i think its a male. Also im not that good with my camera, just got a new one samsung NV8 with a schneider lens but when hes next out ill get some better proper pictures! =]

nice fish, not sure on the ID though... interesting about the 'spots' as Russ has commented...

good to see MA in Teignmouth getting some descent fish in, they only ever used to have Platies and Neon Tetras in when I used to live down there! Might have to pop in when I'm down visiting family next !!! :D

yeah its really gone up a gear! they do malawis the odd weird fish lots of L number plecs lovely discus and many cichlids. They still do little fish and there infomation is great. they all know there stuff down there. i definatly reccomend visiting again.

Most reactions

Back