My Biology Teacher Came Through!

Tomas

Reaction score
My biology teacher came through and I am finally getting a 25 gallon tank. Now, Im going to have $60 to spend on Misc. items, so I need suggestions( like a full setup that fits into my budget)

Does the tank come with heater, filter and light... or just the tank itself?... ebay it... you'll get more for your $60...

wow, thats a pretty tight budget then. there's no way you have access to an ebay account? Otherwise, i can only see you getting gravel and a heater and maybe 2 plants :look:

If get a filter first, then the heater, then the substrate. I guess this will have to go slowly, because there is almost no way to get quality products, all with 60 bucks.

Heater and filter are really all you need, cycle it and then you can stock it. You can pick up very decent item for 60 dollars. Another way to save money, print off items you want off of bigals or drfosterssmiths, and petsmart will match it. It can have no substrate.

Check your want ads, or go to a few smaller local fish stores. They may be able to help you with used gravel or heaters and filters, or even take out a newspaper ad looking for used aquarium supplies. There could be a few people in your area that have stuff in their basement that have given up on the hobby and are looking to get a few bucks for their unused things. HTH

Most reactions

Back