My Big Fish

Sounds like you really are a life saver then!! They have made excellent recoveries, even if the fin is still a bit torn. How big is the tank? It looks really good. The Uaru's are one of my favourite fish, but i can only dream of having something that big at the moment. :unsure:

Thank you .

It's a 5 foot 100gal I should never have let my husband talk me out of a 6foot 125gal. That's what I wish this tank was but it works as is.

Enjoyed the footage, the thing that stood out for me was how dwarfed your Steatocranus is compared to the Uarus especially, but also how he is pretty much continuously hovering mid-water rather than naturally sinking to the tank floor! The bigger fish are certainly acting as reassuring dithers for him, yet despite his often bold motions mid-water, all the other fish seem to ignore him completely.B-)

Enjoyed the footage, the thing that stood out for me was how dwarfed your Steatocranus is compared to the Uarus especially, but also how he is pretty much continuously hovering mid-water rather than naturally sinking to the tank floor! The bigger fish are certainly acting as reassuring dithers for him, yet despite his often bold motions mid-water, all the other fish seem to ignore him completely.B-)

Dude that little Steatocranus is the main boss of the tank. He is the only one that can make the mafia aka uarus move out of his way. He has all the big fish respect. He is a very out going fish. He is often perched right on top of the wood watching over the rest. When I went to rescue the fish I did not want to take him. I felt so bad I did. I am really glad I have him now. He is an awesome fish. He likes to try and eat algea off the wood it's so cute.

Since I know you like officer bulbus head here is one of my fav photo of him. Yes his name is officer bulbus head. Like I said is the true boss.

P9284384.jpg

Look at that face do you think the others really want to mess with that :lol:

Weird mix, but it works :)(not as weird as my mix :p)

Not really all but 2 of the fish are not from the amazon. The buffalo head is African and the ebjd is CA they are the only to that do not really fit in. All the others are pretty much from similar areas but the catfish are found more in rivers and running water.

Well a African,CA and SA tank imo is a weird mix, the same as my tank is.

Most reactions

Back