My Betta Tank Journal

tom_os

fish
Reaction score
Well im a bit bored so i decided to start a journal of by future betta tank for all those interested.

The tank i got for free with a free stand from the tip, it also came with filter and heater (but it was broken so i replaced it.) These pictures are of the tank as it stands at the moment. The filter is in my established tank seeding at the moment so the tank is empty with sand on the bottom. It also has an Arcadia arc pod (11w). It came with a lid but i thought that looked a bit ugly so have removed it and will hopeful make a clear perspex one.

I have a big piece of bog wood to go in there and there will be plants including vallis, cabomba and amazon sword in there. In the tank will eventually be 10 Herlequin rasboras, 6 cories (probably panda) and i also purchased a betta which i will be collecting on March 1st.

Well this is how the tank stands at the moment (15.02.09) I am going on holiday on tuesday for a week hence why the tank is empty.

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

With the light on:

DSCF4222.jpg

DSCF4223.jpg

UPDATE: 28th feb

So i am back from holiday and i have filled my betta tank with water and added 4 albino cories and 4 panda cories. i am getting a betta at the weeked but for the moment here are some pictures of the tank at the moment.

DSCF4281.jpg

DSCF4283.jpg

DSCF4284.jpg

DSCF4285.jpg

DSCF4286.jpg

DSCF4287.jpg

1st march

so i got the male betta today (no name, any suggestions?) here he is still in the bag, i will take some more later when he is in the tank
DSCF4289.jpg

updated 3rd march:

i took some photos of him today (still no name, any suggestions?). here he is in his tank, he looks really happy and loves swimming with the cories but he is a bit camera shy, enjoy.

DSCF4308.jpg

DSCF4311.jpg

DSCF4312.jpg

DSCF4313.jpg

DSCF4315.jpg

Thanks for looking

That's going to look really nice when it's done. I must go down the tip more often if that's the sort of thing lurking round there!!! How many gallons is it? Looks at least 10 or more to me..

I have that exact same tank, funny cos mine came from the local tip too lol. Its gunna look stunning hun, you'll have to post pics when its done and you have your fish in :good:

Looks great and what a bargain too :good: Can't wait to see it all up and running in a few weeks time.

Looks great and what a bargain too :good: Can't wait to see it all up and running in a few weeks time.

I bet this will look really cool when its done! are you going to have girls or just the one boy?

You've done a great job with your tank. It's looking lovely :good:

Most reactions

Back