My betta is not eating.

myfrint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just got my first betta with 1 gallon bowl and some gravel.

And, when I asked the cleark at LFS for betta food, she gave me Wardley Betta pellets.

Well, I hoped that my betta will like it, but I wasn't sure if he's gonna eat it or not, so I just gave him try by giving him like 2-3 pellets.

Yesterday, he ignored it, but when i gave him a second pellet, he put it in his mouth, seemed like swallowing it, and he rejected it! :crazy:

For experiment, I gave one pellet to my black neon ( :lol: ), and he liked it. (But I think the pellet is too hard. The black neon had hard time eating it, but he finished it anyway.)

I also tried my Tetra color flake for my neons to betta, and he doesn't even look.

I didn't know that bettas are THAT picky. :lol:

Anyway, I think i'll bring that Wardley pellet back to LFS and try to change to other brand food. (I'm not sure if the LFS will change it though.)

Should I change to freeze-dried blood worms? Is it okay to feed that same thing everyday?

Or is there any other brand that my betta will like? :/

Just feed your betta some frozen blood worms. My brother's betta is like that, he ignores the Hikari Betta Pellets I give him and he eats every single bloodworm I put in there. He's a picky little guy. ;)

All right. Thx for comments.

I think i'll visit LFS tomorrow and change my pellets to freeze blood worms.

I hope my betta eats this time. :)

if you are looking for a brand of pellets that is good and tasty for bettas i recommend these two:

hikari bio-gold

HBH betta bites

i have both and my bettas love it! i have seen the wardly ones and i dont' think it looks very appealing to teh bettas :no:

you might want to try with teh dry food becuase frozen will evenutally put a hole in your wallet!

Thank God that my betta is finally eating! :lol:

I visited my LFS and changed that wardley pellet to Tetrafin freeze dried blood worms.

I gave it a try, and my betta finally ate them.

I also added a silk plant in my tank to give him some place to hide. :p

Most reactions

Back