My Betta Is A Happy Betta

greekcity

Reaction score
Lol, just got Ckooku for 3 weeks and 1 day.
The longest time I keep a fish alive so far.
Here are some pictures I want to share. :)
He's a smart boy and he moves very fast against the tank when he wants to sleep (I guess the light in my room distrcts him somehow)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 110
Beautiful! Very long fins! My betta is currently battling dropsy... :-(

beutiful i hope he can keep the record going for longest fish alive :lol: and i hope your betta gets well soon :good:

beutiful i hope he can keep the record going for longest fish alive :lol: and i hope your betta gets well soon :good:

Thanks a lot.

However, I've noticed there are some tearing at the tip of his tail since the second week. I tried to add aqarium salt to prevent any infection.
But there is no signs he's fixing his fins and tails...

And I just starting feed him twice each day to provide more proteins for him, i dont know if it would really help...

Does anyone know how long does it take for betta fins and tails to grow back to normal state (no tearing) on average?

When my Betta got a rip in his tail it healed up within a week or so. This was just with regular feeding and no salt to prevent infection. Just make sure the water says clean and warm, with that he should recover soon :)

When my Betta got a rip in his tail it healed up within a week or so. This was just with regular feeding and no salt to prevent infection. Just make sure the water says clean and warm, with that he should recover soon :)

Good to know. I hope my betta will recover soon.

Ripped tail, missing parts of tail, damaged fins, all point to bad water quality in majority of cases.
Do you have a filter and heater in the tank? How often do you do water changes and how much of the water do you replace.
Don't feed him twice a day for a while as this will make the water quality worse.
Do you have any test kit to test for ammonia and nitrIte?

Hi,
Wow!with long fin your betta look beautiful but you know guy,Bettas are wellknown for their aggressiveness.When a betta sees a rival male, both will flare their fins and tear each other up.pet food online free shipping

Ripped tail, missing parts of tail, damaged fins, all point to bad water quality in majority of cases.
Do you have a filter and heater in the tank? How often do you do water changes and how much of the water do you replace.
Don't feed him twice a day for a while as this will make the water quality worse.
Do you have any test kit to test for ammonia and nitrIte?

I dont have a test kit
And he is acting weird now. He used to be energetic, but now lying at the bottom of the tank. He does swim after resting for approx. 2 mins, but his swim is very fast, especially when he touches the betta hammock or temp thermometer, like he has been scared by something.

Did he catch any infection? How can I treat him? I had one betta before that displayed the same symptoms (in later stage, more like fin rot) and died in few days.

Crying...I feel I have no way to save my betta again...

More likely there's ammonia in the water poisoning him. If you have no filter(which means your tank is not cycled), then the ammonia produced by the fish poison it slowly, they get sick.
Best thing to do now is do a 100% water change, make sure the water is dechlorinated and mix it with some boiling water to bring the temperature to the same the fish is in now(test with your hand). This will remove the toxins from the water for now but they quickly build up again so you need to do constant water changes. It is stressful for fish to do 100% water change, but in this case if you have no filter in the tank it's the best thing to do. Then every day take out 50% of the water and change it with dechlorinated water and twice a week do a 100% water changes to keep the ammonia to minimum.

Best thing in the future is to get a filter as well in the tank. If you do have a filter, it's probably not cycled yet.
Read this about cycling and different ways to cycle a tank:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/277264-beginners-resource-center/

More likely there's ammonia in the water poisoning him. If you have no filter(which means your tank is not cycled), then the ammonia produced by the fish poison it slowly, they get sick.
Best thing to do now is do a 100% water change, make sure the water is dechlorinated and mix it with some boiling water to bring the temperature to the same the fish is in now(test with your hand). This will remove the toxins from the water for now but they quickly build up again so you need to do constant water changes. It is stressful for fish to do 100% water change, but in this case if you have no filter in the tank it's the best thing to do. Then every day take out 50% of the water and change it with dechlorinated water and twice a week do a 100% water changes to keep the ammonia to minimum.

Best thing in the future is to get a filter as well in the tank. If you do have a filter, it's probably not cycled yet.
Read this about cycling and different ways to cycle a tank:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/277264-beginners-resource-center/

Thank you for the tip. I did 100% water change and now w8t to see the magic.

And I just remember he looks sick after I used perfume in my room...Could this be the possible cause of his sickness???

Most reactions

Back