My betta doesn't want to eat

*Lindsay*

Reaction score
Hello

I've had my Betta (george) for 2 weeks now and he doesn't seem to want to eat what I'm giving him. I currently have the last stages of ICH in my tank but they've been treated and are doing well, could this be why he's not eating ? (he's actually to blame for this outbreak even though he was quarenteened) I've been feeding him special Betta food, dried bloodworm (I know he doesn't like this as he spits it out, I only tried it in desperation), small pellets and I even tried a shelled pea but he didn't like that. If push comes to shove I will go get him some live bloodworm on Saturday (it's a long drive to the store). All my other fishes are eating well it's just him really. The water is fine, I tested it again just now.

Any advise ?

Thank you

The quarantine period alone should be around 3-4 weeks. You put him in the community tank after 1-1/2 wekks at best. :no:

I'd suggest trying frozen and live foods to get him started. Frozen bloodworms should work, not dried. (By the way, many fish don't accept dried foods even if others of the same species do.)

Ditto what tempestuousfury said. Try frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp. If he doesn't go for those, you may have to try live foods. Over time he may become more open to different types of food, or he may stay picky :dunno:

Another thought... he may not actually be a fussy eater. He could be too sick to eat. Not eating is one of the most common signs of sickness. Once he is better, I'm sure his appetite will improve.

GL :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back