My Betta And Its Mates

Ravi007

Reaction score
Hiya guys. Ive got a 30l tank set up which has a betta,a female guppy, some corys and some glolight and neon tetras. At the time when I got all these, the lfs obviously said they all go together,and they have been getting along, but sometimes I notice the fighters fins are nipped in the morning,and its mostly down to the tetras im thinking. So im moving them out of ther soon, and putting them into my new tank. But was wondering what kinda fish I could fit in there?Ive read the article on here bout suitable tankmates, but it doesnt really help. Im luking to fill the gap because it would be a bit lonesome otherwise, plus my plants are doing great, and have a feeling without these tetras there, the co2 levels will drop quite a bit.

Thanks!!

Some otocinclus?
Small shoaling catfish, i've never heard of these having aggression issues with anything.....

oto.jpg

:dunno:

I think it might be the 30L lilfishie but not entirely sure.
As it's already been suggested, Bettas do fine with bottom dwellers. I'd go with Germ's choice of Ottos, at least 3 as they are better in groups.

as the tank is only 7.5 us gallons i think you are already almost over stocked, so shoal of fish to add isnt the best option.

I don't think he's after shoaling fish, just something to add to it.
Ottos will be fine as they only reach about 2", don't produce too much waste and will keep the tank clean.

Ive already got some catfish which live on the bottom, so when i take the tetras out n im also taking the guppy out, all thats going to be left is a male better and 4 cory catfish!Im more after fish which are smalish, non agressive, but swim in the middlish regions if that makes any sense!

The only suitable fish i can think of, that are often regarded as non-nippy are White Cloud Mountain Minnows.....
:dunno:
Otocinclus while certainly surface dwellers (as in they cling to A surface rather than THE surface) don't neccessarily spend their time on the substrate, more often than not they attach to plants or the tank glass around the mid-water mark, at least IME....

Most reactions

Back