My Angelfish laid eggs don't know what to do noob here

Anon_05

Reaction score
Hey everyone so after my little cycling incident i had as a noob previously i finally got my 55 gallon almost cycled and all is well i have 4 angels, 4 danios and 2 Rainbow fish however one of my angles laid eggggs by the filter and now her and the male are soooo aggressive with everyone else i dont know what to do, we wanted to try and hatch the babies and now the mother i guess so stressed started trying to eat them all and we removed her and bagged her but dont know what to do i was thinking of buying a divider or a mesh hanging breeding tank? any suggestions would be grand! thank you!! :)

1596084992516.png

1596085025066.png

1596085038898.png

The angelfish will care for the eggs, even if they eat the eggs at first the next time they probably wont. They need to learn how to care for the eggs and fry. Dont remove them :)

It may take a time or two of them caring for the eggs fine, but then eating the fry. Dont worry about it :) itll get there eventually

Thank you for the fast reply i just put them back asap :) so no hanging mesh breeder tank or anything? just let it be?
Yes. :)

If you have any other fish in the tank you may want to look into getting another tank for the breeding pair so the fry wont be eaten, and the other fish dont get attacked

Hey everyone so after my little cycling incident i had as a noob previously i finally got my 55 gallon almost cycled and all is well i have 4 angels, 4 danios and 2 Rainbow fish however one of my angles laid eggggs by the filter and now her and the male are soooo aggressive with everyone else i dont know what to do, we wanted to try and hatch the babies and now the mother i guess so stressed started trying to eat them all and we removed her and bagged her but dont know what to do i was thinking of buying a divider or a mesh hanging breeding tank? any suggestions would be grand! thank you!! :)

View attachment 111156

View attachment 111159

View attachment 111160
Do nothing. Angels will care for their young: if the mother is eating the eggs for real instead of moving them they may not be fertilized in the first place and this is “practice for them” most angels will lay several times before long term success... your other fish will eat the though... need to set up a small tank for the fry once they have hatched.

Do nothing. Angels will care for their young: if the mother is eating the eggs for real instead of moving them they may not be fertilized in the first place and this is “practice for them” most angels will lay several times before long term success... your other fish will eat the though... need to set up a small tank for the fry once they have hatched.

10-4 thank you! will do

Good luck. Angels have a lot of personality. Each pair is a little different. Don’t get discouraged if they aren’t successful at first. They will get better with each attempt... mine did.

I definitely noticed that it's amazing as soon as i wake up in the morning and go look at them they all follow me everywhere lol even after i feed them they're just looking, following, spinning around and looking lol.

It looked to me that some of the eggs, if not many, are white, indicating that they are not fertilized. Parents (good ones) will remove unfertilized eggs.

Angels will learn to hatch their young, but this simply can't be done in a community tank with other fish. Even the threat of other fish provokes not only aggression, but can cause the parents to consume the eggs (perhaps a warped sense of protection).

If a mated pair spawn in a community tank, you typically need to remove the eggs (what they are attached to), and try to hatch them and grow out on their own. But as mentioned, if you're trying to breed them, it's best to have the mated pair in their own tank.

If you do remove the eggs into their own tank, a dose of methylene blue (anti-fungal / anti-parasitic) and a gentle stream of air to keep water circulation around the eggs.

Be prepared as angel fry are very small so you need to start them off with baby brine shrimp, microworms, or other fine food (perhaps a powdered quality fish flake food or a commecial liquid fry food). Most professional breeders prefer hatching and feeding baby brine shrimp.

Good Luck. But don't be too disappointed if the first few spawns don't go well. It sometimes takes the parents a few spawns to get the hang of it.

Most reactions

Back