My Amonia Nightmare

xtc246

Reaction score
Hi all whats the best way to get the amonia level down its a tank thats been going 2 months with a few hardy fish in it its 78 ltrs fish seem ok but got the shop to check water today and they said amonia was a bit high ??????

Do you have a test kit? Have you been changing water? How many fish and what species?
i have 7 fish 3 tetras 1 cat fish 1 thats looks like a gold fish not sure what u call them and a little looking shark fish dont have a test kit took the water to a shop have been changing water every 2 weeks but was using the gravel vac all wrong till today and got loads of muck up from the grave i didnt put the vac into the gravel ....

You will need to get yourself a test kit unless you can get your LFS to test your water pretty much everyday,
Water changes are the only way to remove ammonia, do a fe 25% water changes over the next few days and then get the water tested again,
ammonia is very poisonous to fish

You will need to get yourself a test kit unless you can get your LFS to test your water pretty much everyday,
Water changes are the only way to remove ammonia, do a fe 25% water changes over the next few days and then get the water tested again,
ammonia is very poisonous to fish
ok thanks for ur help

Most reactions

Back