my albino catfish and cory!

braders

Reaction score
i bought them yesterday and put them in and they were fine.

It was only wen i fed them this morning that my albino was behind the filter looking dead.

So peruming that he was dead i got a net and moved the filter away and it moved and rested on a leaf on a plant.

i went out came back and he was back behind the filter.

My pepered cory isn't up to much either. it is just sitting there and now and then it moves. i even put some bottom feeder infront of him and he didnt do much.

Do you think that my chinese algae eater is bullying them? or is it alone, cus in that case i can take my friends cory off him cus he's alone. What do you think?

What are your nitrate and nitrite levels. I have found my cories dont like nitrates very much and will just hide away and do nothing when either of these levels are elevated. Keep us posted. :)

tstenback said:
What are your nitrate and nitrite levels. I have found my cories dont like nitrates very much and will just hide away and do nothing when either of these levels are elevated. Keep us posted. :)
how do i find out?????

test your water with test kits! do you really not have any? I'd recommend you get some from your lfs asap. they are incredibly useful.

clutterydrawer said:
test your water with test kits! do you really not have any? I'd recommend you get some from your lfs asap. they are incredibly useful.
i had a pH tester and i that ran out yesterday. i ent got a nitrate tester.......do u think it is the nitrate levels>?

I personally dont know but it seems other people think it's possible. You really need to test your water for everything asap because if there's a very high level of somehting, that's probably what's stressing them

out of interest, what country are you in?

alos i just read your first post again and noticed that your cory is alone. he would be happier with a friend (or two, or three;)) but don't add any more fish until you are sure that your water parameters are fine or there it will make the problems worse.

Hi braders :)

How big and how old is your Chinese algae eater? He could very well be the problem. :eek:

Do you have a little cave for the corys to hide in? If not, try to get one or make one. Mine are just flat pieces of slate laid on top of stones. Corys are naturally inactive sometimes and need a place to go to. The light often bothers them and they benefit from having a shady cave, as well. :nod:

The first thing to do when something seems wrong with your corys is a good water change and bottom cleaning. I will never hurt and often solves the problem. When was the last time you did this? :unsure:

Inchworm said:

How big and how old is your Chinese algae eater? He could very well be the problem. :eek:

Do you have a little cave for the corys to hide in? If not, try to get one or make one. Mine are just flat pieces of slate laid on top of stones. Corys are naturally inactive sometimes and need a place to go to. The light often bothers them and they benefit from having a shady cave, as well. :nod:

The first thing to do when something seems wrong with your corys is a good water change and bottom cleaning. I will never hurt and often solves the problem. When was the last time you did this? :unsure:
by algae eater is old and is a bit terriroorial, but i built it a little hole underneath my log. i did a water change yesterday but not gravel. ill try and build him a cave or summit

braders said:
Inchworm said:

by algae eater is old and is a bit terriroorial, but i built it a little hole underneath my log. i did a water change yesterday but not gravel. ill try and build him a cave or summit
i built a cave or sort of 1 but there not interested! my gourami is hoverign around it. and my albino catfish is back behind the filter

Most reactions

Back