My 99P Tank,any Ideas?

You sure thats 50G? Whats the dimensions? Still a bargin though chief :good:
37" front 27"sides 26" tall,52 us gal according to the calculator I found

Wouldn't the volume calculator take those measurements to mean a standard oblong shape? I agree it doesn't look 50 gallon from the pic. Even if it is, bear in mind when working out your stock level, that the water surface area is less (I think - although maths is not my strong point LOL).

Super bargain though! Yeah, good idea about painting the frame - you could make it fit in with your home decor!

Athena

From the dimensions given and a few internet searches/calculators I found the dimensions give 155 litres.

As its effectively half a regular shaped tank the volume calculations are simple, base it on half a tank 27x27x26 comes out at 41usg, 155.5l.

nice find!

As its effectively half a regular shaped tank the volume calculations are simple, base it on half a tank 27x27x26 comes out at 41usg, 155.5l.

nice find!
37 not 27
the calculator on here gives the standard tank shape volume for that size as 112 usg or 426 litres

nice find!
37 not 27
the calculator on here gives the standard tank shape volume for that size as 112 usg or 426 litres

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the front is 37"? What I am saying is that if you were to get two identical tanks and place them front to front they would, in effect, be a single, conventionally rectangular tank measuring 27x27x26, and therefore your tank is half this volume.

Its basically the same as working out the area of a triangle. In fact in this case the floor plan of your tank is 364.5 square inches.

Unless I'm missing something pretty fundamental about this topic...

nice find!
37 not 27

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the front is 37"? What I am saying is that if you were to get two identical tanks and place them front to front they would, in effect, be a single, conventionally rectangular tank measuring 27x27x26, and therefore your tank is half this volume.

Its basically the same as working out the area of a triangle. In fact in this case the floor plan of your tank is 364.5 square inches.

Unless I'm missing something pretty fundamental about this topic...
Gotcha nbow,I never had a weird shaped tank before,so have no clue about them,thanks :good:

Most reactions

Back