My 46L Fluval Edge

Wow.... Torpedoes in a tank that small? I had 5 of them at a very small size in my 3 foot 200 litre tank but had to rehome them due to them being so active and my tank not being big enough. I had mine with 2 gourami, 3 inch bristlenose plec (only gets to around 6 inches) 2 kribensis and 9 corys. I once thought that fish needed a lot less room than they actually do but since joining this forum I realised just how wrong I was. Your looking at around a 4 or 5 foot tank (if not more) for torpedoes. At the moment iv got my 4 inch baby tiger oscar, 5 an half inch Senegal birchir and 3 inch orange spotted plec in a 250 litre but they will be going into a 450 litre on Monday. I might then add another small type plec but I'm in two minds as I know how messy the Oscar will be without considering any other fish. As for the mess building up in your tank you will just need to vacuum the bottom a lot along with a lot of water changes and re home some of your fish asap. Lots of fish out there that will be more suited to your tank :)
And did you say you have a 30 cm plec in a 60L? Isn't that about 12 inches? Lol that on its own is crazy

Woops meant 10cm :L, its been in there since i got it and it was like 4cm long :L its about 8 years old and seems like its sticking at this size, I hope to get a nice 350L tank and hopefully move my fish into that, but for the meantime, until they outgrow, which will take a long time yet, they can stay where they are as they're doing ok, already got rid of some fish for space.

Wow.... Torpedoes in a tank that small? I had 5 of them at a very small size in my 3 foot 200 litre tank but had to rehome them due to them being so active and my tank not being big enough. I had mine with 2 gourami, 3 inch bristlenose plec (only gets to around 6 inches) 2 kribensis and 9 corys. I once thought that fish needed a lot less room than they actually do but since joining this forum I realised just how wrong I was. Your looking at around a 4 or 5 foot tank (if not more) for torpedoes. At the moment iv got my 4 inch baby tiger oscar, 5 an half inch Senegal birchir and 3 inch orange spotted plec in a 250 litre but they will be going into a 450 litre on Monday. I might then add another small type plec but I'm in two minds as I know how messy the Oscar will be without considering any other fish. As for the mess building up in your tank you will just need to vacuum the bottom a lot along with a lot of water changes and re home some of your fish asap. Lots of fish out there that will be more suited to your tank :)
And did you say you have a 30 cm plec in a 60L? Isn't that about 12 inches? Lol that on its own is crazy

I keep seeing you write "until they outgrow this, which will be a long time". Well no, it doesn't work like that, fish need to be in a tank suitable for their adult size from the start as an environment that is too small for them can lead to stunting. I think this is where you got the idea that they grow to the size of the tank. It's incredibly unhealthy for them, drastically shortens their lifespan and affects their health longerm. In my experience fish grow to their full size very rapidly given enough space. I think you need to approach stocking a bit differently, youre sticking to things that are myths and misconceptions, at 18 you can't have been doing this as long as many of the people on here which are giving you sensible advice.

I keep seeing you write "until they outgrow this, which will be a long time". Well no, it doesn't work like that, fish need to be in a tank suitable for their adult size from the start as an environment that is too small for them can lead to stunting. I think this is where you got the idea that they grow to the size of the tank. It's incredibly unhealthy for them, drastically shortens their lifespan and affects their health longerm. In my experience fish grow to their full size very rapidly given enough space. I think you need to approach stocking a bit differently, youre sticking to things that are myths and misconceptions, at 18 you can't have been doing this as long as many of the people on here which are giving you sensible advice.
+1 well said

Most reactions

Back