My 3D Background Project For My Cichlids....

calversbuyuk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Started to put together the bits for my 3D background and started to work on the polystyrene.
I am going to be using polystyrene, cement, and some special silicone for fish.
Here are the pics so far,

So i started to make one side of the background and then decided to strip the tank, here is my room and the tank so far haha, what a mess -

I now need to take all the remaining water and sand out and then place my polystyrene in and see how it looks.

one other thing I also picked up this, was a bargain!!!! this is going to be their temp home until the big tank is done. Now I am trying to persuade mum to keep this or a bigger one in the lounge haha...

Wow looking good so far. Gona be watchin this with interest:)

Thanks, will be working on this as much as i can to get it done and upload more updates when i can :)

small update, haven't got very far but heres another pic :) sorry about the quality p[hone was playing up -

I can't wait to see the completed project! Lookin' good. 
applaud.gif.gif

all the polystyrene is now glued together, I now need to cement the lot and stick it in place!

Will this be getting painted ? I really like this idea but I decided just to use real rocks I'd be worried my fish would try nibbling on it haha

Supraman said:
Will this be getting painted ? I really like this idea but I decided just to use real rocks I'd be worried my fish would try nibbling on it haha
haha well I could add cement dye to it to give it a colour but I cant choose what colour to have really its a right pain. But the cement ill be using about 3 layers so that should keep it all together and strong really. I would like to use real rocks but I cant risk it, its upstairs in my bedroom and just worried about all the weight of it :/

Most reactions

Back