My 260l Tank

Can anybody advise on how long I should leave the baby kribs in the tank with mom and dad?

I am also suffering with thick green hair algae if anybody has any sollutions to limiting this. I have used the 3 x overdose with flourish excel with quite a bit of success in the past but it kicks the crap out of the vallis too!

Also does anybody know a good method for removing trumpet snails (other than picking each one out indiviually) as my loaches don't seem to be eating them and they are spreading FAST!!!!!!

Ta,

Mark

After a severe bacterial inferction the tank has been stripped down, had a massive gravel vac and been replanted / rescaped. Still following the same theme as prior but I think I prefer it for some reason, (not really sure why).

Let me know what you all think.

You can see the male krib and ram in the bottom corner, these guys have now decided to be best mates and follow each other around the tank constantly. Very strange behavior from seperate cichlid species IMO! but hey I'm certainly no expert.

Attachments

• Image015b.jpg
    Image015b.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
Thought I better update this as it has been a year and a half and the tank has had another rescape and stock change.

Rehomed most of the original stock apart from the cories , FSAE, Botia strata and the BN plecs.

Main reason for the rescape was that I needed to move the tankto fit a new floor and took the opportunity to move my stock around a little.

anyway this is the tank now,

Let me know what you think.

Stock consists of;

1 x Festivum
2x Keyhole
1 x Curviceps
7 x Denisoni Barbs
2 x Botia Strata
2 x BN plecs (+ a couple of 3 month old babies to be rehomed)
2 x Botia Strata
1 x False Siamese Algae Eater
4 x Panda Cories
2 x Skunk Cories
1 x Bronze Cory

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments

• Photo0014d.jpg
    Photo0014d.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
Awesome tank look the dogs when i saw it :good: i got outbidded on ebay on one of these a few days ago i wanted one ever since i saw yours ive got a rio 180 now though and fluval 305.

What media did you used to use to fill your 305? where did you get it from? i need to get some at the weekend.

WOW that looks awesome! Love the stock list as well!!

Awesome tank look the dogs when i saw it
good.gif
i got outbidded on ebay on one of these a few days ago i wanted one ever since i saw yours ive got a rio 180 now though and fluval 305.

What media did you used to use to fill your 305? where did you get it from? i need to get some at the weekend.

Hi Ethan, sorry for late reply, been away all weekend and beginning of week. I tend to use the ceramic fluval biomax media in the 305 along with purigen in the final stage to help polish the water.

WOW that looks awesome! Love the stock list as well!!

Cheers Wills, still keep thinking of upping to a 450 tank and adding more cories and a blue acara but I think I am just gonna leave it be for now.

Most reactions

Back