My 2 New Girls :d And The Rest Of The Gang

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
Hi folks, today I was at dobbies to see if I could find any more rainbow platies but spotted these 2 females and had to have them :blush:
They are still floating in the bag but here they are :D The black female is massive-she's bigger than my biggest male.
IMAG2117-1.jpg

IMAG2118-1.jpg

The male I want is in quarantine at the store. They are keeping him for me I will go get him wed or thursday next week-I have never seen a platy like him. He is silver and has 3 proper spots along his body. I can't wait to pick him up!

I now have 2 males and 4 females. Once the final male is added-I think that's it. The tank will be stocked.
It's 64 litres and I have now 2 male and 4 female platies, a male fighter, 4 long fin leopard danios which will be rehomed tonight as I think they are picking on the fighter, 3 platinum tetras and I have the 5 cories.
I will post a full tank shot in a minute as it sounds like a lot of fish but it doesn't look over crowded.

So here are some pics with my newest additions and full tank shots :D

IMAG2123-1.jpg

IMAG2126-1.jpg

New girl on the right. Black with orange face, orange fins and white belly. She's huge I haven't seen such a big female platy before!
IMAG2124-1.jpg

IMAG2130-1.jpg

IMAG2131-1.jpg

Other new female
IMAG2121.jpg

IMAG2132-1.jpg

and the cories
IMAG2127-1.jpg

Very nice, Platy's are growing on me more and more, gonna have look for some tomorrow at lfs's.

A good alternative to guppy's until I can find some strong healthy stock.

Thanks. I didn't like them before-everyone gets taken aback by the guppies stunning colours and tails but I gave them a go and now they are a favourite. Plus the females are as colourful as the males.
This new black female is a monster lol she dwarfs the rest :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back