Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
10 Gallon glass tank kit from Marineland:  $60 delivered to my door

includes:
Led Lights. Relatively low light so I'm limited in pkant choive..but light level is better for the fish stocking
Penguin biowheel 100 filter in which I  used my own 2 layers of filter floss and added ceramic media
Hood
50 watt thermostatically controlled heater
stick on thermometer that is pretty accurate (compared it with a regular thermometer)

added:
2 watt Danner airpump with airstone
10 lbs of white pool filter sand

painted back of tank with 3 coats of latex semigloss paint

stand
used a nice end table--I added two extra legs for additonal support--tapered to nearly a point to sit firmly on plush white rug
added an oversized pc of pine board painted black to protect table top.
stand has one drawer and a nice space behind doors under tank to store supplies, food etc

decorated with rocks from my backyard
made small cave with flagstone and rocks from my backyard, all siliconed together

plants: (all taken from my other 2 tanks)
anubias nana
java fern
jungle val

Fish:
5 Harlequin Rasboras (brought over from my 35 gallon hex)
1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami for my centerpiece fish
1 Julii Cory (brought over from my 29 gallon tank) to keep the bottom clean of excess food

time to cycle using media from other tanks:  12 days

IMG_2451-vi.jpg

IMG_2442-vi.jpg

Nice work.

Just a suggestion.

If you are running an airstone making noise and bubbles, you may as well get a small sponge filter. These things are worth their weight in gold I think.

4191dIORPHL._SY300_.jpg

I have a sponge filter in each of my other 2 tanks..along with hob filters. The penguin filter on the 20 gallon gives very good fitration as I have 2 layers of floss in it and it has great flow. I think a sponge filter won't look good in the small tank.

I think a sponge filter won't look good in the small tank.
That just gives you an excuse to buy more plants so you can hide it.

your aquarium is very much beautiful, I really appreciated your work. Thanks for sharing beautiful aquarium with us.

Most reactions

Back