My 10 Gal Tank

Parky

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a n00bie here. I was given this fish tank with the fish and I dont know what types I have in there. IF anyone can recognize the fish I have I would love to have this info. Thanks!!

I wish I could get rid of that algae... :angry:

IMG_0230%202.JPG

IMG_0233%202.JPG

IMG_0234%202.JPG

IMG_0236%202.JPG

Looks like you got Tetras and I saw a Cory in the last picture. All of these fish need to be in groups of 4+ as they like to school. You got Black Skirt Tetras, Rummy Nose, Neon, Lemon, I can't remember that last Tetra, it kind of looks like a Bleeding Heart, but with a black spot instead of a red spot, and has a red body...

Looks like you got Tetras and I saw a Cory in the last picture. All of these fish need to be in groups of 4+ as they like to school. You got Black Skirt Tetras, Rummy Nose, Neon, Lemon, I can't remember that last Tetra, it kind of looks like a Bleeding Heart, but with a black spot instead of a red spot, and has a red body...
serpae tetra...

Drew

serpae tetra...

Drew

Ahh yes... Thanks for that one Drew.

Awesome, Thanks guys!!! I now have a list of fish that I have in there.

There were a few that I had about 3 or 4 of and they died except for the one left in the tank. Dont know why.

There is one other fish I couldnt get a pic of, catfish type swims mostly on the bottom.

I am having a hell of a time trying to get rid of that algae thats in there. Tried snail, algae drops. Cant seem to get it right. I have lowered the time I have the lights on as well.

Rookie mistake guys, Cardinal tetra not Neon! I expected more of you :rolleyes:

Rookie mistake guys, Cardinal tetra not Neon! I expected more of you :rolleyes:

shoot, I didn't even realize, just assumed...

The Cardinal Tetra has red through the whole bottom of the body, where as the Neon only has red through half the bottom about half way through the fish, and ending at the tail.

Also, Neon Tetras also stay a little bit smaller then Cardinals.

Most reactions

Back