Mushroom On My Powerhead.

MrLiam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As the title says there is a mushroom on my powerhead will it be ok?

Also just want to know something and not clogg up the forum. Im going to get a pair of clowns soon as my stats are fine so would it be ok to add a coral at the sametime for them to possibly host it or is it the tank too young.

Were abouts is the mushroom e.g is it on the intake part? Is it expanding fully?
The clowns and the coral should be fine but remember to take it slow and if you do add both then watch your nitrate etc :good:

Turn off your powerhead and gently remove the mushroom, as it grows it will get pulled in, you dont want that for your poor mushie!

What coral did you have in mind?

The coral for the clowns?

If so Im not to sure a nice hardy one maybe polyps or a toadstole fuzzy one or any other one that looks good and they will host I would love a BTA but my tank is no way mature enough :)

The small mushroom is fine now :good:

If so Im not to sure a nice hardy one maybe button polyps or a toadstole fuzzy one :)

either is fine, the toadstool is the most likely to be hosted, however - remember though they grow huge so you will have to upgrade or sell on later :good:

Im already seriously thinking about getting a juwel rio 180, vision 180, trigon 190 :fun:

When I do get the clowns maybe tomorrow as Im doing my 10hour art exam and as a treat from my dad will watch the nitrates and have salty water ready If I need to do a large water change.

Good luck for tomorrow, you deserve a treat after that - we had the Art exam the other day in school - would love to see your finished piece :good: what are you doing?

Seffie x

Im not too good but Im doing signs and symbols and my impression of good wives and warriors.

Done 3 hours today :-(
5 hours tomorrow :-(
2 hours thursday :-(

If so Im not to sure a nice hardy one maybe polyps or a toadstole fuzzy one or any other one that looks good and they will host I would love a BTA but my tank is no way mature enough :)

If you check the last few pages of my journal mate i have started adding some easy to keep photosynthetic corals that mainly feed of light so nice and simple to keep :) my tank is only 8 weeks old and they are doing fantastic.

I like the torch :wub: and is that a hammerhead

I like the torch :wub: and is that a hammerhead

The torch is a stunner and so happy with it .. pictures don't do it justice B-)

And yeah also have a hammer in there which started very small is seems to be growing very fast!

If you don't mind me asking how much were they.

And you have a pair of clowns don't you? how much were they (if you don't mind me asking) so I can tell If my LFS are massively over priced.

If you don't mind me asking how much were they.

And you have a pair of clowns don't you? how much were they (if you don't mind me asking) so I can tell If my LFS are massively over priced.

I got the torch for £22 from the abyss .. it is a 4 headed torch and it is really healthy and has come out more than the pics show .. will get a fully extended pic of it later for you.

All the other frags in there i got off someone breaking a tank down and he just wanted £5!! bargain :lol:

The clowns are also from the abyss and i paid £12 each.. i highly recommend the abyss if your local.. there stock is fantastic and also offer a 10 day guarentee on all live purchases.

I wish I was local im from the Isle of wight but the LFS arnt too over priced, their clowns are at £18 each and there are plenty of local reefers who frag nearby and plenty often go to the mainland and ask if anyone wants them to get anything.

Most reactions

Back