Multifasciatus Fry.....yayyyyy!

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
Looked into my tank this morning and saw something small move really quickly, I thought maybe it was just a bit of food or waste but on closer inspection I could see 2 tiny black eyes coming out of one of the Escargot shells.........it`s a multifaciatus fry!! :hooray:
Now I know for sure there`s at least one male in the tank :hey:

Thought I`d share a couple of video clips I managed to get of the fry. On the second vid the fry swims from the shell across towards the rock and then returns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hb2zpeBe8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxrqi_aOw0

congrats, no sign of mine breeding as yet i think i'll get a couple more at the weekend interesting little fish.
nice video btw :good:

Congratulations :band:
How cute is that ? Can I have some of your water? :lol:
:fish:

lol If it`s something in the water then I`m leaving home!! :hyper: :lol: :lol:

I was gobsmacked when I saw this tiny thing move, all I could make out at first was 2 black dots, then I realised what it was. I`ve moved the shell that I saw the fry in into a spare tank but I can`t see any sign of fry in there now although there`s still at least 1 underneath the replacement shell.
After some good advice I`ll be moving all the multis into the 35L otherwise I think the Leleupi will be having an expensive snack regularly ;)

mine have bred again aswell. ive counted 9 upto now :)

That`s good news :good: :good:

There`s no sign of any fry now but considering the leleupi were sticking their heads into the shells I can`t say I`m surprised :crazy: I`ve moved all the multis into the 35L now, unfortunately there`s no sign of the little fry that was under the shell but there`s nothing I can do about it :sad:

Hopefully now that the multis have no predators around them they might just get 'jiggy' again and produce some more fry.....I know they`re capable of it now :hey: :lol:

Having Tangs is definately a case of swings and roundabouts! :lol:

Unfortunately the previous batch of multi fry just disappeared, due to the leleupi I think :unsure: Now the punk fry that I separated from the parents have all died and I can only see one still swimming in the big tank with the parents. I really don`t know what`s happened to cause them all to die :sad:

But on the upside...........I have another batch of multi fry!! Whoo hooooo!! :lol: :lol: I`ve managed to count 5 or 6 so far :D :D

Congratulations, I think you should just get another tank and let the Multies fill it up :lol:

I`ve just discovered another female multi has got fry :D :D
I thought she was being very nervous and tetchy, now I know why. The shells are a terrible brown colour at the moment and it`s driving me mad, but I`m trying to keep my hands out of the tank because I don`t want to disturb the multis breeding :rolleyes: :lol:

So far there`s at least 7. The first batch from a couple of weeks ago are growing really well, they have the blue eyes and are shaped to look like the parents now instead of little tadpoles B-)

Found another batch of babies on the other side of the tank today :) :)

I'm not sure how many there are at the moment though :unsure:

Lucky you, hoping mine start too breed at some point.
Are you putting the fry in their own tank?
Lloyd

Congratulations, I think you should just get another tank and let the Multies fill it up :lol:

Don't encourage her......she already has enough oak and glass to make me :drool:

:blush: :lol: :lol:

I'm only claiming one of the tanks as being my fault! :lol:

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the baby multis yet to be honest :unsure:

haha, over run in no time. Mine fry are starting to develope now, no idea how many. I just see the odd wiggle on the sand and a see one lol.

Most reactions

Back