Moving My Moon Crabs! Aka Rainbow Crabs Etc

hArdStYle4Life

Reaction score
Hey ppl! i jus wanna kno how i wud go about moving my moon crabs! theyre in a 70 litre atm! and im moving them into a 120litre! bit down the road but am curious! cos i kno the regular routine with fish wudnt work! so im wondering how i wud let them slowly acclimatise to the temp change!

FYI the 70 litre is brackish and the 120litre will be freshwater!

please help!

thanks! :good:

Hey ppl! i jus wanna kno how i wud go about moving my moon crabs! theyre in a 70 litre atm! and im moving them into a 120litre! bit down the road but am curious! cos i kno the regular routine with fish wudnt work! so im wondering how i wud let them slowly acclimatise to the temp change!

please help!

thanks! :good:
to move them i would pit them in a container which has enough water to come up to their gills. and a tight fitting lid, but not too big, you dont want it to get hurt. and do it soon, as far as i am aware, Rainbow crabs are fresh water, and should not be kept in brackish water. though i beleave they need some salt for breeding.

please help!

thanks! :good:[/quote]
to move them i would pit them in a container which has enough water to come up to their gills. and a tight fitting lid, but not too big, you dont want it to get hurt. and do it soon, as far as i am aware, Rainbow crabs are fresh water, and should not be kept in brackish water. though i beleave they need some salt for breeding.
[/quote]

Thanks for your help! though i hav found they are just fine in either slightly brackish or fresh and have had them in the tank well over half a year, both are healthy...meant brackish at lower end of scale (its only Sg 1.005).

The new tank will hav sand as substrate...was wondering also with the crabs sifting through it wud that alone be enough to prevent anaerobic bubbles?? provided the substrate is max an inch deep??

cheers!

:good:

sorry cant help you there!

thing is, and i apologise for this in advance, Rainbow crab are not only considered to be one of the few, truly, freshwater crabs in the hobby, but they are a LAND cab. not suited to an aquatic or mainly aquatic environment, quite the reveres is true. now i acknowledge people do keep these crabs quite successfully in a tank with something sticking out of the water for them to sit on. however this can hardly be natural (if anything can be considerd naturel, in a tank!), nor, in truth, good for them!

Most reactions

Back