Moving My Fish Back Home

Good news!

Bought a new tank! 64 litre interpet fishpod, came to £100 for the tank, 150watt heater and the PF2 filter/pump. Got my birthday coming up too soon so looking to run a C02 kit for the plants. So much nicer to have the larger tank, and to have an individual dusk and daylight bulb pair is good too. I've got to get some new gravel and some fresh plants, can someone recommend me what sort of stock I should be looking at filling. I'd rather understock than overstock, especially as its a fresh tank.

Once i've got the gravel, i'm going to start the fishless cycle and get it all setup. Can someone advise me on some nice additions to a tank (such as that C02 kit for the plants) as its my birthday and i'd like to get some nice bits.

#43###

Good news!

Bought a new tank! 64 litre interpet fishpod, came to £100 for the tank, 150watt heater and the PF2 filter/pump. Got my birthday coming up too soon so looking to run a C02 kit for the plants. So much nicer to have the larger tank, and to have an individual dusk and daylight bulb pair is good too. I've got to get some new gravel and some fresh plants, can someone recommend me what sort of stock I should be looking at filling. I'd rather understock than overstock, especially as its a fresh tank.

Once i've got the gravel, i'm going to start the fishless cycle and get it all setup. Can someone advise me on some nice additions to a tank (such as that C02 kit for the plants) as its my birthday and i'd like to get some nice bits.

#43###

New tanks are always fun! If you ever go to move in the future you can try what I did which was EMPTY the tank and put 50 to 60 % of the water into painter buckets. Bag the fish and put them in a cooler. Moving a half full aquarium is no small task. I moved a 30 g half full by myself from upstairs to downstairs it's a workout and freaks the fish out. Moving a tank half full can also stress the seals of the tank and can also lead to the tank breaking in the move. Saw this in college when some guys moved some Oscars. Big mess and they were lucky I had an empty tank handy. This last move was much better the way I did it. I also found a 30 long that someone was putting into the trash. After I inspected the tank and verified the seals were still good I used it as a temp tank and set it up 4 days prior with aquarium water from the original tank. I'd get Flourite or Eco Complete for a planted tank. CO2 is great stuff, just make sure you have plenty of plant additives for the tank as the plants will be on steroids and need more resources, but they will grow like mad, if everything is well. You can try the expensive stuff that is regulated or inexpensive 2 liter bottles.

Good news!

#43###
Hi, im looking at this tank as well, as a newbi it seems good value, as you have had this tank for a few months now, what do you think of it, is the filter, heater etc good quality, the only thing about it is you seem to be limited with the lighting, wat you think

Good tank to be honest, i'm now running a second smaller 25 litre as a hospital/birthing tank. Filter is great for what it is, a good clean every couple of weeks in tank water is all it needs, I find it filters a lot better without the venturi thing and the fish aren't too bothered. Never had a problem with the interpet heaters, and bought a PFmini and a 25 watt heater for the other tank. Lighting is fine, the bulbs are quite dear at £15ish each, but its only a yearly thing so not too fussed. I've attatched a digital thermometer and a C02 kit to mine and its great. Perfect second or larger tank as it introduces you to the more mundane of tasks, such as water changing 25 percents and topping up C02. Hope thats been of some help :)

Most reactions

Back