Moving House

[email protected]

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all
Been a while since I last posted, but hello again.
I am moving house in a few weeks, so I will have to move my 3ft Tropical and 4ft Marine.

As the day will be stressful enough with moving all the furniture etc; I would like to make other arrangements for my aquatic friends.

The tropical tank is ok, I have non fish experienced friends that should be ok with them, but do not really want to leave them with the marine.

I have a few options,

1) try to move the whole tank on the day of move, not something i really want to do as I will only be able to move less than 50% of the water and it will take a while to set up the tank and get it up to temp etc.
2) I am not sure if a lfs would ‘babysit’ for a few weeks, I have only asked one shop at the moment but they were not willing to take the risk.
3) Let my in-experienced friends look after another tank.
4) Sell all the livestock and them move the equipment and by all the livestock again when I am done. Again not something I really want to do as I like what I have and it will cost to buy it all again.

Or does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks

Iain

Is it just fish or coral aswell? I would say give your mates a crash course and ask them to look after the marines aswell. Everything should be fine for a few weeks just ticking over.

I'm currently in the same position :( i had somebody lined up to babysit but it fell through :( i have now just sold everything including my tank (3footer) i didn't want to risk losing the fish in the move and thought it was the fairest thing to do. I have made about £700 selling everything separate which is around a £300 profit on my outlay. That money is safe and ready for my next bigger tank once i have moved :)

Most reactions

Back