Moving A Fish Tank

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm moving my fish tank and was wondering besides leaving about an inch of water in it. Should I take all my plants out or leave them in the tank ect...

if your planning on lifting the fish tank up WITH the table you can leave it in.. but if your lifting just the aquarium with a glass bottom its safer to take everything out.

depends how big it is, they are tougher than you think. I just pick up my 5 gallon tank if I want to move it even when its full!! I wouldn't recommend it on a 10 gallon or more tank. then less water is better. I've moved a 14 gallon tank with 30% water fine!! if u were to do that, I would personally keep some of the water in fish bags and re add it later.

depends how big it is, they are tougher than you think. I just pick up my 5 gallon tank if I want to move it even when its full!! I wouldn't recommend it on a 10 gallon or more tank. then less water is better. I've moved a 14 gallon tank with 30% water fine!! if u were to do that, I would personally keep some of the water in fish bags and re add it later.
I'm planning on keeping half the water but I was curious about the plants. I would never leave much water in the tank because I don't want to damage it plus it's a 46 gal tank and it's rather awkward to carry and really heavy

take out all the plants, you can trim the roots and replant them, scoop out the substrate with a dustpan, clean it and start fresh.

+1

Tanks aren't built to withstand the stresses that come with moving them with anything in; you're better off totally emptying the tank.

Moving was a success, now just to rescape the tank and put the fish back in the tank. Thanks for all ya'll's advice. It helped a lot.

Glad it went well; don't forget to post some pics! We love pics :hyper:

Glad it went well; don't forget to post some pics! We love pics :hyper:
I will after I finish scaping it. it's just at the start. I had to put my fish back in the tank already to :( the tank I moved them in was not near big enough for them to stay for more than a day or so.

Most reactions

Back