Most Owner-Friendly From Your Experience?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wub.png
  My peacock gudgeons. They're so sweet.

Skies said:

Cichlids are certainly interactive, but I'm not sure they're 'friendly'; certainly not always; our oscar recognises certain people (he liked my son, until the son bleached his hair, now the fish goes mad when he sees him 
rolleyes.gif
) but basically hates everything and everyone; especially my mum's dogs and the water changing stuff.

On the other hand, my old angel seemed to love me, although it was probably just begging for food really!

Bettas ae really friendly, that's true and goldfish; especially fancies. Some of my favourite fishy friends ever have been fancy goldfish, although I don't keep them now (too many health problems, I find).
I would not recommend goldfish to a beginner

In fairness, the thread is about which are the friendliest fish, not which friendly fish are recommended for beginners, and equally, I didn't read it as though Flutter was recommending goldies. :)

I've had very few fish but a lot, if you are patient, will eat out of your hand and grow to interact with you. But all of my south american cichlids go mental when I see them. My GBR is my favourite fish and will swim through a hole i make with my hands :)

Of course I think Bettas are the friendliest fish
winner.gif
  All of mine have such personalities, some are super friendly, some are shy, some dance around (even when I don't feed them lol), my oldest Betta is so funny.....I have him in a 5 gal right over my kitchen sink and he will actually watch me wash dishes...I just love Bettas!
yahoo.gif

Well In my experience My two gourami's where very friendly and took food right out of my hand. My betta Red is also very friendly and took food from my finger the first week I had him. Also Id have to say my two angelfish are warming up to me now after a few weeks as well. My captive bred one will take food close to my fingers though not directly from (yet) and he comes up to the front of the tank when I walk in and will follow my finger. My altum will come up to the front of the glass when I'm feeding but is quite skiddish otherwise but is getting better. He gets closer to my hand every day 
good.gif

Most reactions

Back