Most expensive fish?

A wild caught polypterus tuesgeli that was about 18" at time of purchase for $500. I've also bought a super highback Asian arowana for $400.

The arowana unfortunately died when my heater cracked and fried half my tank. The bichir is still going strong!

I bought a pair of Discus from an LFS. I walked into the shop and stood back, noticed how they were behaving and just knew they were a pair. I paid $300 NZ for the pair (at that time around $240 US). They were named Credit and Debit. One was bought on the debit card the other on the credit card. They passed away years ago, but I had them for around 10 years. They spawned but were upper class fish and enjoyed Cavier for breakfast, enough said.
Hahahaha cool names. Take note, people!

all the stuff that is keeping my fish alive and the tank and the plants cost WAY more than my fish themselves.
im about to get a 20 dollar betta but not sure if the blackwater is stable enough

Let’s see…

6 Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpura - 73 bucks for shipping, and 130 bucks for fish if my dude didn’t cut me a deal

Im about to purchase 6 fish (secret) - in total most likely going to pay 300 bucks atleast for all

I probably total spent 150 bucks on Congo Tetras, which fought with each other and all died in the end besides one, who I gave to my fishy friend.

My Delhezi Bichir was 32 bucks

A former member I know spent around $800 on 6 corydoras

i paid this much on 2 little fishies
ScreenShot Tool -20211227105414 (1).png

Most reactions

Back