Moss

Mowbz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As per the title, i have a huge amount of moss in my tank currently, that was bought from a member on here. Since i was in the process of cycling my tank, i just dumped it in another with the required lighting. Im now looking to get it attached to wood in my main tank, and have seen the normal "superglue it" and "use cotton", but ive not seen any pics of this being done, or finished, to get the method and "look" right.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ive tried hunting over the forum, but the search box isnt bringing me back anything useful :(

Thank in advance guys!

I just put the moss on the wood and wrap fishing line/cotton around it to hold it in place. The new growth will cover it up and it'll look natural eventually. Superglue would probably give you a more natural look straight away but not used it much myself.

I use black cotton and you can not really see it once it is done. After a month, the moss will have grown to cover it all anyway even if you could.

superglue look at before

DSCF3087.jpg

after

DSCF3317.jpg

i've tried cotton and super glue and find the glue much better.

Cheers everyone!

Nice one Al, thats exactly what i was looking for, something demonstratable to an idiot.

Greasy tank engines im fine with, moss is out of my normal remit. At the moment my moss is sat like the ball you have at the bottom left of the picture!

Nice tank ;)

Most reactions

Back