Moss For A Coconut Shell

Zachary1941

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
Put this in plants but think it was in wrong section.. Will try here..Can anyone tell me what Moss i could grow on a coconut shell that i will be using as hiding place for fish...Also plants that are easy to grow for a beginner , that dont require too much technical looking after ??? .......Regards Zac

Zachary, how did you split your coconut and remove the flesh without breaking it up?! I bought one yesterday and am not sure what to do.

java moss for cave

water wisteria is a very easy plant to grow IMHO

Zachary, how did you split your coconut and remove the flesh without breaking it up?! I bought one yesterday and am not sure what to do.
Hi Cheery up Bear,
I bought mine from e.bay already done.... Its been carefully sawed in two and the flesh spooned out then put back together and held in place somehow and a hole drilled out perfectly...Im going to hold the two halfs together with fishing line then add Moss to it.. "£1 50 on e,bay .. Can either use the two halfs for 2 caves or as i have said use it completee for one Regards Zac

I've made 3 caves with 3 different methods. I did one from a whole coconut. Drilled 3 holes with large spade bit then picked the flesh out with a screwdriver.
The 2nd attempt was not so successful, but I did split it in half OK by tapping round it with a chisel. Trying to drill holes wasn't as easy with halves though, so it was a combination of that and tapping with a hammer in the end :blush:

I cut the bottom 1/4 of with a saw and if you are careful with a sharp knife you can cut all the way through the flesh to the husk, if you do this many times and dice it it comes out very easy and after a little door is made and it's sanded and rinsed it can go straight in.

Most reactions

Back