Moss Balls

Falling_Petal

Reaction score
Hi good people :
I added two moss balls to my TINY aquarium because I've heard its low maintenance
What are the advantages of this Moss ball ? Does it really do anything significant ?

I'm very afraid to start putting in plants although I'd love to so I just got two Moss Balls for now and trying to build some confidence to put real plants
moss balls are nice little algae balls that don't do a lot, but make sure they do not get direct light. it will burn them
if you want to get more into plants, get anubias types. they are easy to grow and are not picky. i have had them live in basically what is a toxic dump of a puddle for a long time.

some will recommend java ferns but to me they are picky about water conditions

moss balls are nice little algae balls that don't do a lot, but make sure they do not get direct light. it will burn them
if you want to get more into plants, get anubias types. they are easy to grow and are not picky. i have had them live in basically what is a toxic dump of a puddle for a long time.

some will recommend java ferns but to me they are picky about water conditions
How much of light would the Anubias plant need a day ? I am asking because I removed the light from my tank but I still have it ready to go if needs be.

How much of light would the Anubias plant need a day ? I am asking because I removed the light from my tank but I still have it ready to go if needs be.
how much natural light are you getting without? it can survive on a little bit of natural light as well

how much natural light are you getting without? it can survive on a little bit of natural light as well
This is my tiny tank its one hour hour away from sunset and this is the light I get on a sunny day.
As you can see and please don't laugh, I put pot plants around it to imagine I have plants.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 27
This is my tiny tank its one hour hour away from sunset and this is the light I get on a sunny day.
As you can see and please don't laugh, I put pot plants around it to imagine I have plants.
that is enough light!
if your spider plant makes babies you can put them in the tank to grow aquaponically

that is enough light!
if your spider plant makes babies you can put them in the tank to grow aquaponically
Wow ok I will go get my Anubias tomorrow and I will try the spider plant babies (that really shocked me honestly had to google the word ! ) This is exciting

Most reactions

Back