More Pics of the Pack

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BTW Pufferpack What is the difference between male and female puffers? Do they breed in your set-up? What do you do about it if yes?

If you look at the pic of the 2 males you can see a little yellow around the belly and they have a black stripe up their sides (mostly solid, but sometines broken or spotted when they are younger) while the females have a more mottled pattern and white bellies with no yellow tinge. The males also seem slimmer even after eating. You can also tell a male from female by the shape of their head, the males are more streamlines from a side view, while the females have a bit of a flatter spot on the forehead (they look like little frogs from face on :lol: )
Mine have never bred but I have seen what appears to be little love dances through the plants so they may be getting ready to. I have read surprised accounts of peoples puffers suddenly multiplying, but they are not sure what triggered it. I think the parents raise the fry until they can fend for themselves, and would be quite successful in defending them against all invaders.

Most reactions

Back