More Filter Talk.....

Behold

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i was looking up the EX1200 as a replacement to my truly rubbish xp3. (Nightmare to prime and clogs all the time)

anyway in my lookin at this i stumbled on the new EX2400 thats just released...... with this being on par with eheim pro 3's on lp/h and price which would you go with???? the other option is 2 ex1200.

I have a 500l tank so and im tempted more with 2 filters. im running 2 now (xp3 and ex700) i like the fact i can clean them alternatively..... but would like to know i have true n+1 redundancy....

Thoughts???

Next question is what powerheads can i fit to an ex system or the eheim as i like them more than the spraybar and my harliquns ans gibb love playing it it......

TIA

If I had a tank that large, I think I'd go with two EX1200. At least that way you can alternate any filter cleaning. The 2400 does look an impressive brute, though, doesn't it?.

The ex1200 is rated for tanks up to 500l I believe, personally I would take 2 of them, then at least you know if one goes wrong you still have enough filtration to keep your fish alive while tetratec send you replacement parts :)

Most reactions

Back