MOONLIGHTS

roxie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I went to my local auto store and went into the light section and there I found LED lights!!!! I picked up 2 sets of three blue LED units and attached an adapter and instant moonlights!!! They were only $7.98 each also so I bought the last 2. They are wired with the resistors and with extra long wiring. A must do for all that like the moonlight effect.

Be sure that you don't get any splashing leading to shorts, Good price on those babys too.

a cheap way you can waterproof things of this nature is to hot glue or wrap in electrical tape any open wire. For the area wires going into the leds the hot glue works very well.

I’ve just purchased these from EBay submersible blue leds, they are great :kana: tried them out on my two foot tank and at night they look spectacular, going to have ten running in my four foot tank as soon as I finish decorating my new house! this is the bit I'm not looking forward to :-( the new tank set up I am.

haven't seen them before, look like something boy racers would stick to the bottom of there car, well in Southend they would :D

i just fitted two neons to my tank......the bloke that made them is a car neon specalist and does tanks for extra income!......chav fish!

Sky,
I just ordered those same lights from Ebay the other day. Don't have them yet, but will let you all know when I get them.
This will be my first attempt at moonlights, and I am mainly getting them so I can enjoy my striped Raphaels that I bought over a year ago and have yet to see out of their caves!
Carol B

weathermen said:
haven't seen them before, look like something boy racers would stick to the bottom of there car, well in Southend they would :D
It'd amaze you what some people would stick to their cars round here... :blink:

On an aside, I made my own LED lights from scratch (power supply and all) but I found they didn't work too well on my larger (18" deep) tank.

The lights from ebay are good but I've had 2 with dodgey connections / soldering so be prepared to do a bit of rectification work - they are geat though!!!!

Most reactions

Back