Moonlights

whats the smallest size tank they can go in? cause the ones that can go all over the tanks look :drool: buy i only have small tanks :-(

I have a single led in my 20g and a 4" cold cathode in my 18G
both are effectivly illuminated.
I would say that most of these kits come with two 10" tubes but you don't have to run both
In my 62 I run 1x 10" tube, that way i have a spare tube for when it goes in around 9000hrs time.

Looking at even more bits to add to my rio 240, seen some "Moon Lights" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUARIUM-MOONLIGHTS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

seems to have very good feedback on these, anyone else have / used / know about these.

can these be left on all night, my plan would be to have the standard tubes on in the day and these at night

Iv'e order these exact ones from this seller yesterday. I haven't received them yet and can't wait.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If people are still looking for pics...

I've got some of ours on our bedroom tank ;)

(they are in the pinned thread on DIY moon lights too)

Looking at even more bits to add to my rio 240, seen some "Moon Lights" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AQUARIUM-MOONLIGHTS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

seems to have very good feedback on these, anyone else have / used / know about these.

can these be left on all night, my plan would be to have the standard tubes on in the day and these at night

I have just been given a set of these and I have to say they look very good on the 45 Gallon tank that I put them on, the fish certainly do seem more active when main light gets switched off.

I will try and get a pic later.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I 've recieved my moonlights this morning from the seller that you mentioned on ebay. Not too sure as to how to fit them though. What adapter do i need and how do i attatch them to the hood of my jewel tank?

Anybody any ideas?

Heres a pic of the tube setup I have. The pic isn't very clear though.
IM001480.jpg

Well i got them working, bought the adapter this afternoon from Argos. They are looking lovely, will be even better when it gets darker.

I bought the cold cathode moonlights from ebay (6.99)

I have had both cold cathode and led but after a few problems with cathodes( which was my fault ) im now using led kit from homebase the same as used in gardens i have just drilled holes in the lid of my lid
tanks.jpg

Most reactions

Back