molly question

Cat

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I'm sort of new to tropicals ,this concerns mollies.If you have 2 differnent species of mollies will they breed??

Sorry if its a stupid question.

ive got 2 different male mollies to the female not sure if its classed as a different species but theyve got different shaped tails and fins and they all love each other! and have zillions of babies! :wub:

DevilsAdvocate said:
"Nope..they cant..Mollies can only breed with Mollies..they may try...but with out any results."

actually I read that platys and mollies can cross breed too, it was in a reputable book and recommended that the fry be euthanased immediately as it will be stunted or deformed.....

Fx (Iavoided platies for that reason as I like mollies and have mainly female)

Yep the mollies will breed unless they're like totally different like one male balloon molly and one silver lyretail molly then I dun think its posssible... they can have babies but they'll prolly be deformed :/ gl

fruity said:
DevilsAdvocate said:
"Nope..they cant..Mollies can only breed with Mollies..they may try...but with out any results."

actually I read that platys and mollies can cross breed too, it was in a reputable book and recommended that the fry be euthanased immediately as it will be stunted or deformed.....

Fx (Iavoided platies for that reason as I like mollies and have mainly female)
I assure you its NOT possible...Platies can interbreed with swordtails and vice versa..but Mollies can ONLY produce fry with other mollies

Most reactions

Back