Molly, Guppy Or Platty?

lawrie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi. molly, guppy or platy...what would you rather keep. the setup i have is a 20 gallon and well planted and ready for some tennants!

you could always go for a trio of platies and a trio of guppies, mollies prefer slight brackish water, but can live in freshwater if it is cystal clear other wise they are prone to disease and infection

They're all adorable though, guppies or platies. Platies, they're the most hardy.

to me, it wouldnt matter. guppies are very colorful, very sociable and easy to look after, but they breed quickley and soon overpopulate your tank.
platies are hardy, slightley bigger then gups, come in many colors and are great fun to watch, but again breed quickley.
mollies are brackish water/ crystal clean freshwater. so regular tank water changes are a must. some nice colors, normal mollies or ballon mollies avaiable.
saying all that. i would prbally go for some nice guppy males, some female platies and possably either sex of molly. the bigger the groups, less aggression i find.

Guppies = lots of babies quickly
Mollies = can get up to 4 inches & should have salt
Platys = needs good filtration & like to be in groups to swim around and mate with.

Guppies, Mollies, & Platys = nice colors variations.

Guppies & Platys = different color variations

Good Luck with your decision :good:

Me, I love and have all three! They're all beautiful and if you keep your females seperate to your males, you'll have the breeding problem under control.............within a year!!!!

Most reactions

Back