Mollies That Have Been Bred In 45L Tank

BIG BAD BARRY

Fishaholic
Reaction score
1.jpg

Barry, we cannot look in your documents folder on your own PC. If you want us to see pictures of your fish, you will need to place them in an on-line storage location like photobucket and then you will be able to use the img link they provide to have them be visible here. I look forward to seeing your picture.

Cheers Oldman, i was just trying to figure out how people attached images without going to hosting sites. :good:
Here goes:

1.jpg

This is the first fish we had born and is now almost the same size as its parents!

Hi

Not seen those colours in a Molly before. What colour are the parents?

How old is the lil dude in the photo?

Zuulan

The father is a black sailfin.
The mother is a dalmation. It is either a light dalmation or a darker one (nearer black). I have silver females also.
This is the first fry i was able to recover and watch grow. It is almost the same size as the others, 4-5 months old at most.
There are two more which are half its size but have different colouration.
In addition i have a further 5 in the tank which are about 15mm long and about 5 weeks old. i released another 5 into the tank but i dont think they have all survived,
Also have approx 30 fry in breeding tank which have same father but different mothers, one of whom died after giving birth.

They develop quickly once in the main tank than the breeding tank but difficult to know when to let them out as they get eaten or harassed.

Will post some more pics. The orange colour is more striking than on the photo.
It was taken with a mobile phone which was better than the digital camera!

I see you went the photobucket path Barry. You have some nice looking mollies there.
Your mollies will just keep coming as long as the adults are well fed and your water quality stays good. The only "cure" that I have found for that situation is to sell off a large fraction of the fish at club auctions. The few remaining fish seem to be plenty to repopulate my tanks.

Cheers for your help OM.
Will try and get some more photos on.
I could not not find any local auctions in England. Have tried some LFS but they were not interested. Will try some more LFS. Not bothered about making any money on them but would take fish food etc.
Waiting on a new internal filter and releasing them 5 at a time into main tank. Most have survived this transition and develop far quicker than in breeding tank.:good:

Hi Barry,

There is a Fish Charity Auction in Redditch this Sunday (Weather Permitting) I can PM you details if you like.

Weather permitting! how true.
Unlikely to attend due to health but keep me informed.
Charity - even better! :nod:

If you are looking for a local fish club that may be running an auction, try looking here for a UK auction. Almost any club runs one or two auctions per year as a fund raiser.

Most reactions

Back