Modified Rena Aqualife 300

Se7enUK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not been on for a while as I was busy getting the tank ready. I had to completely remake the base unit for the Rena so it would match the furniture as the wife did not like the beech :unsure:
Have finally added some fish today, 4 Lemon Tetra and 3 Serpae Tetra. I am still a little unsure on how many to add over what time period??? I have a Eheim 2224 Filter which is OK for now but I am thinking of getting another one to run along side it.

fishtankyv6.jpg

fishtank2iq6.jpg

great looking tank.
personally i would get more lemon and sarpea tetras. maybe 7-10 of each.
you can add more fish as long as the tank is mature enough. how long did you have a fishless cycle for?

Hi All,

Not been on for a while as I was busy getting the tank ready. I had to completely remake the base unit for the Rena so it would match the furniture as the wife did not like the beech :unsure:
Have finally added some fish today, 4 Lemon Tetra and 3 Serpae Tetra. I am still a little unsure on how many to add over what time period??? I have a Eheim 2224 Filter which is OK for now but I am thinking of getting another one to run along side it.

fishtankyv6.jpg

fishtank2iq6.jpg

how big is your tank? you should have one fish for every gallon if the fish are small.

Hi All,

fishtankyv6.jpg

fishtank2iq6.jpg

by the way, your tank looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

great looking tank.
personally i would get more lemon and sarpea tetras. maybe 7-10 of each.
you can add more fish as long as the tank is mature enough. how long did you have a fishless cycle for?

Thanks for the comments.
I have now added a selection of what I believe to be hardy fish from reading up and from comments on the forum.

The tank has been fishless and cycling before adding any fish for over a week. I also added filter start to help get the bacteria going. This is my first ever tank (apart from my goldfish) and I am trying to do it right...

I went and got some more fish today, so we now have the following......

• 7 Black Widow Tetra
  • 6 Green Tiger Barb
  • 4 Lemon Tetra
  • 3 Serpae Tetra
  • 2 Black Mollies (M&F)
  • 2 Albino Catfish
  • 2 Bronze Catfish

I will now leave for a couple of weeks and monitor. Any more advice welcome.

The tank holds 290-300 litres

Most reactions

Back